Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IOWA  (Read 5227 times)

Jack Bauer

• View Profile
Re: IOWA
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 01:33:12 AM »
I hope it's possible, as Iowa is my #1 choice.

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »
here is what I know about the Iowa waitlist, direct from Collins Byrd:

-There are currently about 350 people on the waitlist

-In the next 2-3 weeks they will be cutting it to 225

-The chances of needing the waitlist are about 30-50%

-If they use the waitlist Collins Byrd predicts it will only be for 4-5 people

-They will have a better idea about the waitlist in a few days, since the 2nd seat deposit was June 1

I am on the waitlist, but I think the odds are too far against me.  Good Luck to those riding it out!! I think you will need it!

Jack Bauer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »
So did you withdraw?

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 01:58:18 PM »
yes...so I guess that means there are 349 people on the waitlist ;)

Jack Bauer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »
I also heard that the wait list was going to be cut down, although I didn't hear to 225.  Anyway, if they take 5 out of roughly 225 people, that equals about a 2.22% chance of being randomly taken off the wait list.  It does sound like they are going to use the wait list, just sparingly.

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 04:31:27 PM »
Keep in mind that Collins Byrd said that there was a 30-50% chance of even going to the waitlist .  So your 2.22% chance is dependent on the 30-50% chance that the waitlist is even used.  I would not leave other opportunities for that chance though, sounds like a bad bet to me! 

Jack Bauer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
Keep in mind that Collins Byrd said that there was a 30-50% chance of even going to the waitlist .  So your 2.22% chance is dependent on the 30-50% chance that the waitlist is even used.  I would not leave other opportunities for that chance though, sounds like a bad bet to me! 

What I heard from Mr. Byrd is that he is expecting to go to the wait list, so maybe I have more recent information based on updated data.  I've made all the preparations to attend another school, in case Iowa does not work out, but I figure I might as well see what happens with the wait list. 

ShakedownStreet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
You probably do have the most recent info, my info was current as of about 1 week ago.  Maybe I should have stayed on the waitlist...jk I will be happy at Denver. 

Are you in state?  I ask because I was told that in state people are given some preference on the waitlist.

The name of the game now is to be as proactive as possible, and get noticed by the adcomm. 

Good luck to you, and I honestly hope you get in to Iowa!!!

allie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 08:03:22 PM »
I'm on Iowa waitlist also--and it is my #1 choice :)  Wow, those odds are depressing... But good to know.  Thanks for posting them.  Where are you fellow waitlisters from?  I'm from Michigan-- a wolverine. If I don't get off waitlist, I wonder what my chances would be to apply for fall of '09 as a transfer (assuming I'm at the top(ish) of my class)

Jack Bauer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 04:19:02 PM »
Anyone hear anything yet?