Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What was the last day you stopped all studying?  (Read 717 times)

redplastic

• View Profile
What was the last day you stopped all studying?
« on: May 18, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
(before the test)  Give it a day in between or what?  How did it optimize your performance?  For all who already took the test, please feed my curiosity.

Jen2bJD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What was the last day you stopped all studying?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »
tag. (Sorry to fake you out and make it look like I was responding to the question.)

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »
up to and including the morning of. I never understood the taking a break thing.

I think this will be my strategy. I'll probably take a PT the day before, and do a couple LGs the actual day of the test to get my mind warmed up.

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:10:39 AM »
I stopped studying 2 days before.  I took the day before off.  Lots of people seem to take the last week off, though, to "keep fresh." Whatever that means.  Do what you gotta do.

TITCR

just call me elle

• Sr. Citizen
  • pink, puppies, Crimson, and I belong together
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »
a day or two break is good, but defininitely do some warm up that morning (a section or two, including a games).

siacollegato

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »
i studied on one day and took the LSAT to win a bet and now i'm going to law school.
In: Suffolk, Seton Hall($$)
Pending: BC, Brooklyn, Cardozo, George Mason, Ohio State, Temple
Out: Nowhere yet.
2.8/163

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »
who was it who said to take a test you've already taken the day before?
That's what i plan to do--go through the process and the thinking of the LSAT, but not get freaked about how I'm scoring the day before.
CLS 2011

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
who was it who said to take a test you've already taken the day before?
That's what i plan to do--go through the process and the thinking of the LSAT, but not get freaked about how I'm scoring the day before.

I just did a LG and a RC over breakfast and it got me warmed up.

Socrates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »
I think I may do a few games, a few RC segments, and a few of the wordier LR questions right before (maybe at 10:30am). I have found, thus far, that whenever the first section is LR, I struggle with the first few questions. It takes me a few minutes to acclimate myself to LR (hopefully this is unnecessary come June 11th, but even if it isn't this should help me), so if I do it beforehand, hopefully it will help get me off to a quick start.

Another piece of advice I've read, though not particularly related to the last day of studying, is to read everything you're given during that hour or so before the test begins (for June 11th, I mean the time from 12pm-1pm). People have suggested this to keep you sharp and on your game. I think it's something I'll try to do.

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 02:10:24 PM »

Another piece of advice I've read, though not particularly related to the last day of studying, is to read everything you're given during that hour or so before the test begins (for June 11th, I mean the time from 12pm-1pm). People have suggested this to keep you sharp and on your game. I think it's something I'll try to do.

I dont know how much I agree with this, I know that if I was sitting in the hallway re-reading the score cancellation and site complaint procedures sheet it would just make me more nervous than any benefit of "staying sharp".

But for me it was more of a controlling my nervousness issue...