3. I think that law would be intellectually stimulating and interesting. I've sat in on a class at IUB and I thought that the stuff was interesting. the classes themselves look interesting.
4. my parents do want me to go to law school, and all of my friends are in grad programs.
5. I'm very analytical, and I think I would benefit from the structure that law school provides. And, looking at the other jobs out there... I can see myself being very bored with just about everything.
6. I've met lawyers who were public defenders... not so appealing. I've also met JD's who were advertising executives. Interesting.
2. the work after law school. I keep on hearing nightmare stories from biglaw firms. I also don't want to end up doing petty stuff like divorce/tax/public defender. I'm just worried that I'll incur all this debt and be unable to pay it back.
It's a [compass]! Now I want pie.**These statements may or may not be related.
I don't buy the parts about law not being interesting, nor that most people in law firms hate their jobs. Rest of it seems pretty kosher to me.
jeez, it's beat up on me day.Okay, reading up on it... tax law looks like it might be interesting. on the paralegal front, lots of jobs seem to require paralegal certification.
Quote from: adlai on May 19, 2007, 01:32:21 PMjeez, it's beat up on me day.Okay, reading up on it... tax law looks like it might be interesting. on the paralegal front, lots of jobs seem to require paralegal certification. Tax law can be very interesting, especially the shelter stuff (think KPMG, Jenkins and Gilchrist, etc.).What cities are you looking at for jobs? Most DC firms and federal government positions do not require a certificate. When I was looking for jobs, I noticed that employers in my home state (Texas) often preferred paralegal certificates or equivalent degrees. Depends on your location.Check out www.usajobs.gov. Many 2-year term paralegal positions pay over $36,000 starting and increase to $46,000 after a year. No overtime pay, but you work regular hours.
Page created in 0.341 seconds with 18 queries.