Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Cincinnati  (Read 1757 times)

sings21

• 151/163 3.46
    • View Profile
    • Email
University of Cincinnati
« on: March 09, 2004, 03:11:52 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts on the University of Cincinnati College of Law?  They tossed in some scholarship money and seem to have a good reputation in the Cincinnati area.  They area also cheaper than most schools.  I think I want to get into International Law, focusing on Human Rights and they have a good program.  I am waiting to hear back from Ohio State and GW.  Both have better rankings and I am not sure if going to a school with a higher ranking is better than going to a lesser school where I will have less than half the debt, keeping in mind my focus area.  Any ideas would be great.

Anonymous_One

• View Profile
Re: University of Cincinnati
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:45:53 PM »
Hey, I am probably biased since U of C is my first choice, but it seems they have a more than decent reputation from what I hear from various people.  They are right around that top 50 number on the US News rankings which is none too shabby if you take much stock in that.  Personally I am interested in criminal law and a whole heck of a lot of Ohio prosecutors, public defenders and federal public defenders went to U of C, which I think is a pretty good indication in terms of my specific interests... They seem pretty darn good, but then again, like I said, I am biased :)

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 05:54:31 PM »
I just want to join in the plea for info.  I was accepted to Ohio State, but they haven't offered me any money.  U of Cinn, though offered me about 3/4 tuition.  I need someone to tell me some good things about U of Cinn, because it is financially so much more prudent.

sings21

• 151/163 3.46
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 01:00:07 PM »
I know that it is very well respected with in the region.  I am going to an open house tomorrow so hopefully this will give me some more information.  I to am waiting for a response from Ohio State.  If you don't mind me asking what were your score and gpa numbers. 

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 05:33:24 PM »
I have a 3.76 undergrad, a 3.67 grad, and a 163 LSAT.  How about you?

dunnolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 07:11:51 PM »
My x-boyfriend went there and he's doing great for himself at a big New York firm, which leads me to believe they're pretty well thought of even outside of the region. 

For the ladies: I wouldnt date the men there, my x and his friends are jerks. (I'm obviously bitter)

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 09:44:37 PM »
I have a good friend who is attending, and he loves it.  Though OSU is ranked higher, it isn't that much higher.  I would take the 3/4 tuition over no money from OSU. 

sings21

• 151/163 3.46
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 10:12:49 AM »
It defintely has a lot of pluses.  It is very cheap in state, and it allows you to reclassify as instate after your first year.  It also keeps class sizes very small and the law community is very close knit.  I just went to the open house and was very impressed.  Not to mention the  human rights program is maybe the best in the country.

jgruber

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 08:40:01 PM »
You had better like cold weather, though.  The winters are downright brutal.