Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which Cooley campus?  (Read 2837 times)

ojf1982

• View Profile
Which Cooley campus?
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:45:20 AM »
Please, I dont want to read any posts talking about how much cooley sucks.  I recently made my decision to go to law school, and since I do not want to wait until next fall, since almost all law schools do not have classes for incoming freshmans in the spring semester,  I decided to go to cooley for about a year and then transfer out to somewhere with a abetter reputation, and warmer climate (I'm from Miami).

My question is which Cooley campus should I attend - Lansing, Grand Rapids, and Rochester?  Money is not an issue here, but I would like to know which of these 3 cities are safer?  I intend to live close to campus and walk to school, and I dont want to be walking through any unsafe neighborhoods.  Your suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which Cooley campus?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »
Pick the one you'll enjoy living in for 3 years, because you and every other person at Cooley plans on transferring out and it won't happen for 95% of the class (which will likely include you)

ojf1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:42:15 PM »
OK lets say i am not able to transfer out, and i know i will be able to, which out of the 3 is the best place to live?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »
the best laid plans of mice and men...
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

ojf1982

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 01:55:35 PM »
This ia a forum supposedly filled with supposed mature, intelligent people who are in or are going to law school, and when i ask for a simple, straight forward answer and ask to keep the cooley comments out, all i get are immature responses.

Can someone please tell me which of the 3 is best to waste three year of my life at?

bros

• yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 01:58:48 PM »
it's simple good advice and fair warning. no one knows they will be able to transfer from anywhere, least of all a school like cooley. it's not an immature response.

as to your original question, whichever one you would like to live near. i dont think it really matters.

NotATroll

• Trolling for n00bs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 01:59:32 PM »
This ia a forum supposedly filled with supposed mature, intelligent people who are in or are going to law school, and when i ask for a simple, straight forward answer and ask to keep the cooley comments out, all i get are immature responses.

Can someone please tell me which of the 3 is best to waste three year of my life at?

Why not flordia coastal the Cooley of the South

::HUGS FREE iPOD::
“Keep your goals away from the trolls.”

dante500

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lookin' forward to livin' the life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:37 PM »

Where did you get that idea?

People are giving you useful responses, just not the ones you want to hear.  There has been no Cooley bashing, just some realistic info on your desire to transfer is all.  Most people at bottom rung schools are looking to get out, not just you.

And as for asking for a simple answer, if you are the one looking to become a lawyer and value yourself as intelligent, mature, industrious, resourceful, moderately-attractive, etc, why not look for said simple answer on your own, by way of some research.

On the real, though, I doubt there are many people on this board that have much knowledge of all three places (it's not like we're comapring NY to Miami to LA, here), so chances are you won't get the info you're looking for.  If you want simple direction, fine: the Lansing campus is where you want to be. Why you ask? Because you wanted a simple answer.

If it's getting too hot in the forum, get out of the kitchen.  ???

My advice, visit the campuses and make an informed, weighted decision. That, or do what I'd do; just pick one of them! Or heed the above advice and go to FL Coastal.
I once told a woman that I coined the phrase "pardon my French."

ojf1982

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »
I have done some research, and so far, my choices in order are Rochester, Lansing, and Grand Rapids.  I am only asking because I want to hear other responses from people who have actually been to these cities.

And as far as transfering out, if I can't, so be it, I have plenty of contacts down here to give me a job, which will only be a temporary situation, since I plan on opening my own practice.  All I want is the degree, nothing else. 

ojf1982

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »

Why not flordia coastal the Cooley of the South

::HUGS FREE iPOD::
[/quote]

Because as I stated, FCSL does not have spring classes for incoming freshman.  Cooley does.