Law School Discussion

Just Finished First Year at UVA - glad to take any questions

IF

• View Profile
Re: Just Finished First Year at UVA - glad to take any questions
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »
I've heard that about Mason.  And didn't Kerry beat Bush in the UVA law election almost 70-30?

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »
Any current students:  what is it like to have such a large split in the male/female ratio?  I've noticed from reading the Virginia Law Weekly and checking out the names of people on Law Review that women seem a little under-represented. 

I'd be particulary interested in talking to female students - most of my friends are actually guys, so in some ways the larger male population is a plus (you all are so laid-back), but I still worry about the "good ol' boys'" club.

Comments on this?

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2007, 02:18:21 PM »
Any current students:  what is it like to have such a large split in the male/female ratio?  I've noticed from reading the Virginia Law Weekly and checking out the names of people on Law Review that women seem a little under-represented. 

I'd be particulary interested in talking to female students - most of my friends are actually guys, so in some ways the larger male population is a plus (you all are so laid-back), but I still worry about the "good ol' boys'" club.

Comments on this?

Honestly, I had to go check the website to check what the exact ratio way--from being there my first year, it seemed to be nearly an even split. I'm a guy, but for what it's worth, there seems to be no shortage of women at UVA law in my opinion...

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

Comments on this?

Honestly, I had to go check the website to check what the exact ratio way--from being there my first year, it seemed to be nearly an even split. I'm a guy, but for what it's worth, there seems to be no shortage of women at UVA law in my opinion...

The website says 61/39, which is notable but with a class size that big I don't know that I'd really notice.

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »

Comments on this?

The website says 61/39, which is notable but with a class size that big I don't know that I'd really notice.

Exactly--I know (after reading the site) that the ratio is split 3/2, but I never would have guessed it from my day to day encounters... but then again, I'm not much of a people counter in the first place ;)