Law School Discussion

Just Finished First Year at UVA - glad to take any questions

Re: Just Finished First Year at UVA - glad to take any questions
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
Also, the dudes of '10 are lucky as hell.  Word on the street is that the ladies in the next class are absurdly hot.

On the contrary, I think it's the 2009 people who are lucky, since we're the cool kids on the block ;)

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 01:03:04 PM »
Also, the dudes of '10 are lucky as hell.  Word on the street is that the ladies in the next class are absurdly hot.

On the contrary, I think it's the 2009 people who are lucky, since we're the cool kids on the block ;)

Cool <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< hot.

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 01:09:39 PM »

You wish.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 01:13:13 PM »

You wish.

I'm just kidding. 2008 has it pretty good, too: as 3Ls they get 29 nights of Feb Club for Leap Year plus the 100th annual Libel Show. That's a pretty sweet way to go out.

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:18 PM »

You wish.

I'm just kidding. 2008 has it pretty good, too: as 3Ls they get 29 nights of Feb Club for Leap Year plus the 100th annual Libel Show. That's a pretty sweet way to go out.

Agreed... and believe me, they know it ;)

IF

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »
Johnny, just got the packet.  I still don't know how they've predicted this, but by the words "academic credentials", what else could they mean besides LSAT/GPA.  Possibly grad degrees or quality of UG, but that would be a far fetch.  BTW, I FB'd you.

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2007, 03:56:18 PM »
wow, thank you so much!! it really helped!!!

my situation is that i'm coming straight from ug, so of course i will not have many work experience/life experience comparatively.

i just ordered LSC.

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
Johnny, just got the packet.  I still don't know how they've predicted this, but by the words "academic credentials", what else could they mean besides LSAT/GPA.  Possibly grad degrees or quality of UG, but that would be a far fetch.  BTW, I FB'd you.

Man, and I'm in the class...  actually, my numbers aren't too shabby.  Not great, but not shabby.  I'm just the type you wouldn't expect to be able to spell his own name properly.  In my defense, it's rather long and hard to spell... :P

IF

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »

Man, and I'm in the class...  actually, my numbers aren't too shabby.  Not great, but not shabby.  I'm just the type you wouldn't expect to be able to spell his own name properly.  In my defense, it's rather long and hard to spell... :P

Yeah, I still remember being in second grade and thinking how lucky I was; eight letters for my first and last names combined.  One of my friends was this Indian kid with four names, each one being at least that long...poor bastard.

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2007, 09:29:56 PM »
I know you just finished 1L, but do you know if it's harder to get a NY job instead of DC?  did everyone who wanted one get one?  (or internship)