Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame WL  (Read 1206 times)

hiyas

• View Profile
Notre Dame WL
« on: May 15, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »
Speculation as to when we'll see movement? After the May 10th deadline for replying to the 'are you still interested' email, it should be soon. With their rankings drop and the fact that on LSN they don't seem to be doing very well at all with yield compared with previous years or other schools, perhaps they overshot this year and will pull a decent amount from the waitlist?

Let's speculate!

hiyas

• View Profile
Re: Notre Dame WL
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 10:39:54 PM »
Well this is kind of encouraging if no one else is interested in their waitlist :)

Frizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 08:21:25 AM »
Well this is kind of encouraging if no one else is interested in their waitlist :)

I am!  There was movement a couple weeks ago but at least on LSN the acceptees didn't seem enticed by the offer.  I really hope your speculation is accurate!

tcardz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
Im waitlisted there also. Im hoping that there is movement. As of yesterday I know of two people who were moved off the waitlist and are currently deciding between two schools (Notre Dame and their other choice). That information came from another Law School forum. Hopefully they chose the other school. How much contact are you guys maintaining with the admissions office?

hiyas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:50:32 PM »
When did they get off the waitlist?

tcardz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:47:13 PM »
the 14th and 15th of this month. I was in South Bend a couple weeks ago and I was told that they are re-reviewing everyone's file on the waitlist and will then be opening it up..so probably right around now till the end of the month for the first round. I guess a top ten school out east still hadn't made decisions on students and so Notre Dame was seeing if any of theirs were gonna withdraw and head out to that school.

hiyas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:18:00 PM »
Do you know what their numbers were like?

brdr123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
I got in off of the waitlist a few weeks ago... with a scholarship...
kind of weird.
Anyway, I declined.

A week ago another friend of mine got offered a spot... not sure if there was scholarship or not, I believe she's accepting.

They are moving. ;-)
If you want my stats, just pm me

hiyas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »
Congrats on the admit! It seems your numbers in previous years would've gotten you that plus the scholarship but this year...they shot too high. From the looks of it all the new offers thus far have been with scholarship so perhaps they're working their way down the list.

Where are you going, BU?