Law School Discussion

"My wife won't let me go to Harvard!"

dante500

• Lookin' forward to livin' the life
    • View Profile
Re: "My wife won't let me go to Harvard!"
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »
Flame.  Yale doesn't defer people, for one.

Please... I was deferred from Yale twice.   :'(

adlai

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »
eh? how hard would it be to relocate?

srsly, ya rly.

.zone.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 05:06:33 PM »
An Harvard educated lawyer seems to be very much in favor of the family as well, I'd say.

Assuming the extra income is more important than the time lost with the family--which it very probably isn't.

That's neither here nor there; I seriously doubt this account is real.

I agree this account isn't real, just hypothetical. Being away from family for 3 years is not a big deal looking at the bigger picture. If they're already fairly well paid professionals I'd agree it isn't worth it. If they're an average, struggling family, it would absolutely be worth the 3 years sacrifice.

eh? how hard would it be to relocate?

srsly, ya rly.

He was already working 90 hours a week as a broker, according to him (90 hours...no wonder she's pissed).  In any case, they are probably not starving. 

And, how hard would it be to relocate?  According to him:
"There's more than one side to it. She has her own career in Orlando, we have two kids enrolled in school here, her friends, her elderly parents who are sick and live locally. She thinks it's unfair that I wait until now to enroll in law school."

Why should she automatically have to give up her job, tear her kids away from their current school, and abandon her sick parents because her husband randomly decides he wants to go to law school? 

I wouldn't relocate if that was my situation, and I also would drop the d word if he planned on taking off to Harvard and leaving me with all of the household responsibilities AND perhaps going to $60,000 of debt a year...the guy is being the selfish one here.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 05:29:58 PM »
I'm not sure how I can emphasis this enough

imaginary people never starve, move or go to harvard

.zone.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
I'm not sure how I can emphasis this enough

imaginary people never starve, move or go to harvard

LOL.  I know.  I almost included a disclaimer, but since people were still picking on the wife, I felt obliged to pick on the husband.  :D