Law School Discussion

"My wife won't let me go to Harvard!"

whoneedsanABA

• praise the basketball gods!
    • View Profile
Re: "My wife won't let me go to Harvard!"
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 02:27:50 AM »
i call flame...created on 5/14.

if its a problem, defer for a year, or try again next cycle...3.9/178 and work experience...you can go where ever....WHENEVER.

.zone.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »
I think this could be real, but the wife may have really good reasons.  For example, perhaps this husband said he wanted to ditch the wife and move to law school by himself and he has a previous history of cheating.  I'd say "Me or Law School!" too.  Are there many women here that would be all excited about their husband abandoning them for a few years to fulfill his dream, if YOUR dream was to have him there raising his kids with you? 

Sure, his wife could be a total witch...but there is also a good chance that she's the more logical one of the two.

TrashCat

• My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:54 PM »
Best comment on profile thus far:

It's getting hot in har.
- FlameThrower

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
I think this could be real

When a profile has 1) ridiculous information 2) created recently 3) only been updated/filled in the same time it was created it's safe to assume it's a fake really. Even as bitchy as women can be:p

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 01:05:36 PM »
Haha nice flame. If it is real i'd definately divorce the selfish wife if i were him.

.zone.

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 01:31:30 PM »
I think this could be real

When a profile has 1) ridiculous information 2) created recently 3) only been updated/filled in the same time it was created it's safe to assume it's a fake really. Even as bitchy as women can be:p

Ah, you're right.  I didn't notice the dates.  But I'm still on the wife's side...why is SHE selfish?  Isn't it selfish of HIM to ditch his family? :)

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 01:49:28 PM »
An Harvard educated lawyer seems to be very much in favor of the family as well, I'd say.

Brito

• AOL Instant Messenger - ViolaLovesMusic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
An Harvard educated lawyer seems to be very much in favor of the family as well, I'd say.

Assuming the extra income is more important than the time lost with the family--which it very probably isn't.

That's neither here nor there; I seriously doubt this account is real.

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 01:58:01 PM »
Flame.  Yale doesn't defer people, for one.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 02:11:09 PM »

Assuming the extra income is more important than the time lost with the family--which it very probably isn't.

That's neither here nor there; I seriously doubt this account is real.

I agree this account isn't real, just hypothetical. Being away from family for 3 years is not a big deal looking at the bigger picture. If they're already fairly well paid professionals I'd agree it isn't worth it. If they're an average, struggling family, it would absolutely be worth the 3 years sacrifice.