Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Oh great, deferred at Chicago-Kent  (Read 1716 times)

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Oh great, deferred at Chicago-Kent
« on: May 14, 2007, 10:17:18 PM »
In mid-May. A little late, guys. Wondering how to play that one? And if I do, wondering how I can get a quick turnaround.

Pace '10

Para Legal

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh great, deferred at Chicago-Kent
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 07:11:05 AM »
Join the club- I was deferred last month. Every time I call the school they simply say "a decision can come at any time, and files are reviewed periodically."

Fabulous.

I called a couple days ago and asked about an expedited decision and the person on the phone told me to email the request to admissions and they would add the info to my file.

Frustrating.

Cheers,

Para  ;)
Hamline University School of Law
1L

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »
How did they let you know that you were deffered???  I am in purgatory waiting for them...  They have been telling me for the past 10 weeks, two more weeks... Well, I'm sure I've gotten rejected, but it would be awesome to hear backs so I can move on.

Para Legal

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »
Welcome to the club. At this point I'm writing them off- they won't commit to an accelerated decision and I have to move forward. As much as I hate to do it, I can't afford to wait any longer.

However, if they did decide to accept me at the last minute...I could be persuaded to drop everything and go.

Cheers,

Para  :D
Hamline University School of Law
1L

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »
I was deferred initially back in January --- they admitted me a couple weeks ago w/ a supertight deposit deadline. I had to hustle them to give me a look at my FA statement... which of course wound up having a grand total of zero grant money.  Just withdrew earlier this week. I'd bet they are rolling quickly through the list of prospective students at this rate.

Here's my LSN profile, w/ some info I collected re: the Kent PT admits, which are likely to be the case at this point.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=bearsarewhowethoug

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:02:22 PM »
Does anyone know if their admitted students page is applicant specific...i.e. maybe could find out through there first?
New Cycle!

thenodoubter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »
anyone?
New Cycle!

Papagena

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »
Hi - I'm not quite sure what your question is.  The admitted student website doesn't have any information on waitlists, if that's what you're asking. Most of the information is the same stuff as the publicly-accessible admissions information, with a few exceptions.  There is a message board where admitted students can talk to each other, get questions answered by admissions, etc., but no one has asked admissions any questions about waitlists. Truthfully, there hasn't been a lot of activity on the board.  The only personal information I've accessed online is for financial aid related stuff, which tells you if forms are missing etc.  I'm not aware that they have anything like an online status checker.  I haven't heard anything about why they're taking so long to decide.  Hope that helps. 

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
Deffered at Chicago Kent!!!!

Now, what are the odds on this one?

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile