Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee  (Read 92948 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee
« Reply #800 on: July 18, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
Anybody else take the KAPLAN 3-Day and feel like you've just been intellectually violated and taken advantage of?

Cuz I sure do.

Is KAPLAN supposed to be more difficult than the actual exam?

From what peopl;e who took our exam told me, the PMBR questions in thebooks/online were harder than the real MBE questions (same for barbri too). I have been taking PMBR questions, Barbri questions and the Adpapitbar questions. Adaptibar says they use only real, realsed MBE questions, I find thier easier than PMBR/Barbri.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 19, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »
Anybody else take the KAPLAN 3-Day and feel like you've just been intellectually violated and taken advantage of?

Cuz I sure do.

Is KAPLAN supposed to be more difficult than the actual exam?

Yes.

see the following:   http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,88278.msg2337963.html#msg2337963

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Nowhere Man

• Sr. Citizen
  • You know who is a Blackstar? Who? Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 20, 2009, 10:00:17 AM »
That 3 Day test was just murder

However the lecture was informative.

I have to review EVERY SINGLE question, so I can get some points on the day of the test!

Let's get these cards!
But when you talk about destruction, don't you know that you can count me out, in!

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 22, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »
Yeah I hear both Barbri and Kaplan's questions are harder than the MBE questions.

The essay questions, at least on Barbri, are murder. hahah 5 days.
YLS c/o 2009

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »

I am SO BAD at these! I take some comfort in the fact that I do a little better on the released questions.  Still, WTF with testing crimes like passing bad checks and the special status of cashiers' checks and stuff?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 23, 2009, 06:26:03 AM »
Yeah I hear both Barbri and Kaplan's questions are harder than the MBE questions.

Which state are you doing?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 23, 2009, 09:14:21 AM »

I am SO BAD at these! I take some comfort in the fact that I do a little better on the released questions.  Still, WTF with testing crimes like passing bad checks and the special status of cashiers' checks and stuff?

Bad checks? That sounds painfully familiar.  NY Summer '07 Bar perhaps?
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 23, 2009, 03:03:15 PM »

Bad checks? That sounds painfully familiar.  NY Summer '07 Bar perhaps?

I think so!  It doesn't have a released date on it, but a friend who took the bar the same summer said he thought so too.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 28, 2009, 06:44:44 AM »
Good luck to everyone!!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 28, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
Charles H. Houston