Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee  (Read 90290 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 10:39:17 PM »
C?

Do people take Barbri without taking PMBR?

You can't just say C and not give any explanation. You know that don't ride in law school. :D

As far as BarBri without PMBR, I would say the vast majority do exactly that.  About 90% (or more) of law students take BarBri. Only about...20, maybe 25% take PMBR.

Lol so is PMBR for the neurotic people? ;)

Actually, now that I think about it (and looked up F.O.B.), I think I'd go with D.  All of the terms of the contract had been met (except payment) prior to the assignment.  Alternatively, A.  I bet it's A, even though I think it should be D.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 11:08:37 PM »
See I'm thinking Wheeler could recover from Byer, who could sue the shipping company.

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »
I know the answer, but I won't tell.

(My first day of PMBR, also.)

Rudy Huckleberry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »
See I'm thinking Wheeler could recover from Byer, who could sue the shipping company.

But can you sue someone for having an accident? Didn't we read some case about how you can't do that? I think Byer is just screwed (?) because of the F.O.B. thing?

EDIT: I dunno, depends on why they had the derailment.

And why could Wheeler recover anything from Byer if the assignment was invalid?

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 11:14:12 PM »
my gut was C too.  can't explain why.  don't really care to.
FIU Class of 2009

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:10 PM »

But can you sue someone for having an accident? Didn't we read some case about how you can't do that? I think Byer is just screwed (?) because of the F.O.B. thing?

And why could Wheeler recover anything if the assignment was invalid?

I don't think the assignment was necessarily invalid, since Singer had done everything to perform his end of the contract *before* assigning it to wheeler.

And I think you can sue a carrier for losing/damaging your stuff, unless you sign a waiver.  They have a duty of care.  But I'm rusty too.  Contracts used to be my subject!

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »

And why could Wheeler recover anything if the assignment was invalid?

I don't think the assignment was necessarily invalid, since Singer had done everything to perform his end of the contract *before* assigning it to wheeler.

And I think you can sue a carrier for losing/damaging your stuff, unless you sign a waiver.  They have a duty of care.  But I'm rusty too.  Contracts used to be my subject!

Well, the contract was still incomplete, right? Since Byers hadn't paid...the transaction wasn't complete (?)

Yeah, which is why I said I bet it's A, even though I think it should be D.  That is, Judge Alci would make him pay.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »
Guess im loud and wrong

Oh well, guess ill sit down and learn

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »
I don't know a damn thing about anything, and I'd say that Wheeler can't recover from Byer at all.  Wheeler would need to recover from S, who in turn would be able to recover from W.  And W can probably recover from the shipping company, since FOB implies that the goods become W's once they are handed to the shipping company, and W must have arranged the shipping and would be protected against what happened if the goods were insured.

I didnt think Wheeler could recover from Byer at all because the goods were technically, not his yet. Transfer never occured. Shyt, i dunno

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »
Nevermind

Read it all wrong