Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee  (Read 90720 times)

| J |

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee
« Reply #820 on: July 31, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »
I finished the CA bar yesterday.

I thought the MBE was easier than BarBri, but perhaps I bombed it and just don't know yet.

The first essays on T and Th sucked.  Malicious Prosecution?  WTF!?!!  And, I didn't do so hot in Con Law.  It's just too abstract for me I guess.  I made *&^% up.  Hopefully the *&^% I made up was better than the *&^% everyone else made up.
USD '09.  Sunny San Diego, baby!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 31, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »
I thought the MBE was hard. Anyone else feel this way?

I really did -- or at least they were different!  I was used to pretty much acing the BarBri questions and was relying on the MBE to carry me to bar passage.  I did not feel at all confident after the MBE.  I should have picked up a PMBR book or something, I think, and I definitely will if I have to retake in February. 

Congrats to all, and thank you again to our mentor-leaders in this thread!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 31, 2009, 07:15:54 PM »
I made *&^% up.  Hopefully the *&^% I made up was better than the *&^% everyone else made up.

Classic! Sage words.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 01, 2009, 10:01:31 AM »
I was used to pretty much acing the BarBri questions and was relying on the MBE to carry me to bar passage.  I did not feel at all confident after the MBE.

Don't worry...that's how I felt too.

I made *&^% up.  Hopefully the *&^% I made up was better than the *&^% everyone else made up.

Classic! Sage words.

:D indeed

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »

I thought the morning MBE was hard I actually ran out of time with 7 questions left, the afternoon was easy I thought; I either killed it, or I fell for every wrong asnwer that seemed so right.

I more or less agree with you.  I don't know if I'd go so far as to say the afternoon was easy, but I definitely thought it was easier. 

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 01, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »

I thought the morning MBE was hard I actually ran out of time with 7 questions left, the afternoon was easy I thought; I either killed it, or I fell for every wrong asnwer that seemed so right.

We all felt the same way coming out. 

They split it up so that 1/2 of the test takers get the "easy" half in the morning, and some get it in the afternoon (so you can't look over your neighbor's shoulder).

I remember even after having done an insane amount of MBE questions before the exam, I still had to guess on at least half of those jokers, and there were some I just did not know at all.  But you gotta remember, everybody else feels the same way and they calibrate the MBE nation-wide so the odds are in your favor to pass.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 01, 2009, 11:24:44 AM »
Sands and Alci:

I've known you two for about 4 years now. I don't think you guys realize how much I rely on your advice and insight. It has always been very helpful. I just wanna say, I really appreciate it ( i know we all do). You guys are pretty awesome.
YLS c/o 2009

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 01, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
Sands and Alci:

I've known you two for about 4 years now. I don't think you guys realize how much I rely on your advice and insight. It has always been very helpful. I just wanna say, I really appreciate it ( i know we all do). You guys are pretty awesome.

Hey no doubt, son. Glad to help out.
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 01, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »
Sands and Alci:

Thanks dood.  Happy to help.  Glad to see that you also chip in regularly for the n00bs.