Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee  (Read 90173 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »
Dood that's why you take the course.  The useful stuff we know could be learned in a day or so...just skip the theory ;).

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »
La. Code. Civ 2686

Ah, Louisiana and its civil code.  Hope you're going to law school in LA if you want to practice there...

I dont want to practice here, but i am going to attend law school here

Does your school "teach" for the bar you do want to take?  There are 3 places where I'd like to practice-  NY, ATL,GA or in FL.  My school's good for all those states.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »
La. Code. Civ 2686

Ah, Louisiana and its civil code.  Hope you're going to law school in LA if you want to practice there...

Does your school "teach" for the bar you do want to take?  There are 3 places where I'd like to practice-  NY, ATL,GA or in FL.  My school's good for all those states.   
From what I've seen, the LA law schools teach their students to practice in LA, as well as in common law jurisdictions.

I don't think any school really teaches for the bar -- hence, barbri, PMBR, Micromash, Adaptibar, etc., etc.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »
La. Code. Civ 2686

As far as i know, it does. I was worried about that as well because my Philosphy Professor said that i shouldnt go there unless i wanted to practice in Louisiana

Spoke to a professor who went there and he told me it would prepare me to take the bar anywhere

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
I don't know of any schools that teach for the bar exam.

Hence why Barbri and PMBR make so much money.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 09:10:53 PM »
I was talking to someone from Capital. She said that they have some sort of bar prep class.

Then again, she's in PMBR now and will be in BarBri this summer...

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 09:53:07 PM »
I don't know of any schools that teach for the bar exam.

Hence why Barbri and PMBR make so much money.

And therein lies the problem (or at least one of the major problems) with legal education.  Makes you wonder what those 3 years are for.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 09:53:32 PM »
Dood what was the answer?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »
Dood what was the answer?

Ah, my bad son.  I believe you got this one right again, the answer was (D) October 31st.   After a lease expires, like here, and the parties go on a month-to-month tenancy, 30 days notice must be given by the Landlord to the Tenant that the Landlord wishes to Terminate.  The catch is that the Landlord is prohibited from effectuating that 30 days notice mid-term.  Therefore, the Landlord must allow the full month's period to expire after notice is given before the lease can be considered terminated.  Since her month to month period started on the 1st of each month here, the Landlord can't cut it short half way through; he has to let the term expire as it normally would.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 10:07:21 PM »
w00t!

Then again, I figured NY would be even more generous.  Although not as bad as San Fran, where it's next to impossible to kick people out (there's the one famous story in which residents managed to stay in a building for like 10 years).