Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee  (Read 90030 times)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: Memoirs of a Bar Examinee
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2007, 08:26:31 AM »
Hum...

D. Involuntary manslaughter. EXPLANATION: "D" is the correct answer.

According to Ohio Northern University... although shouldn't trust those mid west people I guess :p

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2007, 09:29:32 AM »
tag so i can read this thread again in 3 yrs!

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
Hum...

According to Ohio Northern University... although shouldn't trust those mid west people I guess :p

Don't forget the question asked: "Which of the following is the most serious crime for which Ramirez should be found guilty?"

Maybe if the question asked for the least, then IM would be tcr.

Consuetudo pro lege servatur...Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »
Well, that wasn't my answer, it was the answer I took from ONU's website. That being said, I'm not sure if the answer came from a professor/teachers answer key or a students suggestion. I assume it must have been the latter.

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »
Well, that wasn't my answer, it was the answer I took from ONU's website. That being said, I'm not sure if the answer came from a professor/teachers answer key or a students suggestion. I assume it must have been the latter.

Get your sh!t together, son.  You know folks on BLSD are too much on top of things  ;)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »
That's what I'm saying! Hey, don't shoot the mess..eh, googler :(

Tony Montana

• Sr. Citizen
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2007, 11:30:36 AM »
 :P  ;D

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »
Hum...

Don't forget the question asked: "Which of the following is the most serious crime for which Ramirez should be found guilty?"

Maybe if the question asked for the least, then IM would be tcr.

Exactly! 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2007, 05:13:30 AM »
I know what you mean. Some of these joints that I got right it was because I didn't have time to think too hard and just went with the gut reaction.  That really helps out with the evidence questions.
That helped me also on evidence, except for hearsay. I got hammered on hearsay.

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »
RIL was one of the easier tort questions for me to answer.  Once you learn the doctrine, it is easy to see it set up in a fact pattern.  All of the 0Ls and other onlookers, don't freak out.  If you take PMBR you should be fine.  I thought it was very helpful in terms of getting you accustomed to studying all day, and letting me know where my weak areas are on the multistate.  I'm glad  I invested the $620.00.

No doubt. I'm glad I'm a rep!  lol

w00t!  Post a crim question...I had an awful prof for that and will probably have to learn from scratch.

Alright MBE Whiz Kid, if you can get this one then you are the man.  This goes for the rest of you too (besides SMU and Slacker of course)

Belle and Ramirez were unemployed basket weavers who had recently been terminated from their jobs.  As they were commiserating their misfortune, Belle thought of a great "get rich quick" scheme to defraud his insurance company.  Belle told Ramirez that he was insured under a State Farm policy covering personal injuries.  He suggested that Ramirez shoot him in the arm in a fake robbery attempt to recover damages for his injury.  In this jurisdiction it is a felony to file a false insurance claim.

As part of their scheme, Ramirez went to Belle's home one evening with a loaded pistol. They were standing together in the kitchen discussing how to best implement their plan.  Finally, Belle told Ramirez to shoot him in the arm and then flee from the residence.  After being shot, Belle planned to call 911 and have an ambulance transport him to the hospital where he would be treated for his wound.  Following Belle's instruction, Ramirez proceeded to shoot Belle in the arm.  Thereupon, Belle telephoned 911 to report the shooting and requested an ambulance immediately be sent to his home.

Believing that Belle only suffered a superficial arm wound, Ramirez drove home after the shooting. The bullet, however, severed an artery and Belle began to bleed quite profusely.  Before the ambulance arrived, Belle lost consciousness from the loss of blood and passed out on the kitchen floor.  When the paramedics arrived at Belle's home, they were unable to revive him and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Which of the following is the most serious crime for which Ramirez should be found guilty?

(A) Felony-murder
(B) Intent to inflict serious bodily injury murder
(C) Assault with a deadly weapon
(D) Involuntary manslaughter

Hmmmm, Im leaning towards D but im gonna go with A on this one. Im going to go with A on this one because the crime was commited in the act of a felony and because the victim dided accidently in the course of a felony, which can increase it from manslaughter to murder