Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOCI Required?  (Read 819 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
LOCI Required?
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »
So, I have a couple of waitlists. A few of which, I would be very happy to get off of. I'm not really sure what to say in a LOCI though. I've already sent volumes of information/addendums/letters/updates to ALL of my schools throughout the cycle. I've heard that a LOCI should say:

1) Why I am a good fit for them
2) What I have been doing

I'm not entirely sure that I have much to say about either topic though. I don't know that I am a good fit for ANY of my schools, and I haven't done ANYTHING new or interesting since I last contacted them.

What do you think? Do I send a letter?

What sort of things could I talk about?
VIP.

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOCI Required?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »
Not sure where you applied, but I would call the schools after you write one and ask if you wanted to send an LOCI, HOW should you send it - email, fax, snail mail, carrier pigeon, etc(trust me - kinda got burned by that this cycle).

As far as what to put in the letter, here are my 0L-not-of-my-lone-WL suggestions:

1. If the school didn't have a Why X school essay, include that and drop the names of the programs you're really interested in (and/or do your research on the professors and say why you'd like to work with them).

2. Mention if you've visited, have friends that attend, ANY connection to the campus that influenced your decision to apply and desire to attend if admitted.

3. Let them know you'd be willing to send additional documentation to support your app and that you'll call within a week to make sure the letter arrived promptly and discuss further measures.

Lastly, check you PMs - I'll send you a copy of mine :)
Everday I'm HUSL'in

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »
Not sure where you applied, but I would call the schools after you write one and ask if you wanted to send an LOCI, HOW should you send it - email, fax, snail mail, carrier pigeon, etc(trust me - kinda got burned by that this cycle).

What happened, if you don't mind me asking?
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

gator005

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »
If anyone has an example of a LOCI that they could send me, I would greatly appreciate it. I wrote one 2 months ago for a school and I'm writing another one and it just sounds so cheesy. I'd like a sense of someone else's to compare.

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 04:27:12 PM »
Not that I think mine will help, considering I called my WL school and feel like I got the runaround  >:( but I'll send it to you guys and feel free to use what you need.
Everday I'm HUSL'in