Law School Discussion

Iowa or Wisconsin? --> UPDATED: Iowa/Wisconsin vs. Miami??

vercingetorix

• Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa or Wisconsin? --> UPDATED: Iowa/Wisconsin vs. Miami??
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:47 PM »
oh and by the by, Alaska rocks.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 07:41:38 PM »
ahhh nothing like an anecdote when counseling someone on a major life decision.  quality of life has zero to do with what a young man like yourself might consider "boring".  again, every year when the quality of life stats come out places like IA and MN and WI come out on top.  I grew up in Rochester, MN.  I was bored to tears during high school.  this has nothing to do with the quality of life there since it routinely tops the top 10 best places to live in the U.S. (Fortune Magazine to name one).  show him some facts or please stop boring us with your opinions.

Actaully no place in iowa has ever been on any lists of top places to live. If it did, the news would freakin talk about it for 5 years nonstop since the press there it obsessed with any mediocre accomplishment people have there. I remember once the front page of a paper was a story about how a guy donated a million dollars to Iowa State hahahaha.

vap

• Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 06:45:33 AM »
ahhh nothing like an anecdote when counseling someone on a major life decision.  quality of life has zero to do with what a young man like yourself might consider "boring".  again, every year when the quality of life stats come out places like IA and MN and WI come out on top.  I grew up in Rochester, MN.  I was bored to tears during high school.  this has nothing to do with the quality of life there since it routinely tops the top 10 best places to live in the U.S. (Fortune Magazine to name one).  show him some facts or please stop boring us with your opinions.

Actaully no place in iowa has ever been on any lists of top places to live. If it did, the news would freakin talk about it for 5 years nonstop since the press there it obsessed with any mediocre accomplishment people have there. I remember once the front page of a paper was a story about how a guy donated a million dollars to Iowa State hahahaha.

Not that they're extremely high on the list, but of the Best Places to Live according to Money Magazine in 2006 (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/):
Cedar Rapids - 64
Iowa City - 74
West Des Moines - 71

Of course, the south Florida area has these:
Boca Raton - 30
Coral Springs - 27
Miramar - 81
Pembroke Pines - 51

Amy Winehouse

• Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
Re: Iowa or Wisconsin?
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »
*sigh*

I didn't imagine that there'd be any real difference on the job placement front, but it was worth hoping.  Aside from money, what else is there to consider then?

Clearly, the diploma priv is a big plus for Wisc, as are their strong clinics and comfortable atmosphere (at least that's the vibe I got when I was there).  Any plusses for Iowa?

I went to school in Iowa and adore Iowa City.  It is cheap, has yummy Indian food, a wonderful community, clean, etc. And the winters are better than Wisconson.  Sigh.  I really love Iowa City.

Nimmy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 11:16:15 PM »
*sigh*

I didn't imagine that there'd be any real difference on the job placement front, but it was worth hoping.  Aside from money, what else is there to consider then?

Clearly, the diploma priv is a big plus for Wisc, as are their strong clinics and comfortable atmosphere (at least that's the vibe I got when I was there).  Any plusses for Iowa?

I went to school in Iowa and adore Iowa City.  It is cheap, has yummy Indian food, a wonderful community, clean, etc. And the winters are better than Wisconson.  Sigh.  I really love Iowa City.

Yep, you're an Iowa Grad :D

Amy Winehouse

• Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »
*sigh*

Most certainly am not!  Try a private liberal arts college somewhere in the middle of Iowa (not Cornell).  I just happen to find IC quite charming.  OP should probably visit, though, as many people think IC is a sh*thole. 

Para Legal

• Go Pipers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 08:25:02 PM »
Most certainly am not!  Try a private liberal arts college somewhere in the middle of Iowa (not Cornell).  I just happen to find IC quite charming.  OP should probably visit, though, as many people think IC is a sh*thole. 

Clarke? Coe? Loras?

:)

Cheers,

Para  ;)

Nimmy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 12:04:31 AM »
*sigh*

Just having some fun.  As much as I would resent living in Iowa for 3 years, Iowa City is not that bad, and considering the quality of that school it's certainly not the worst thing in the world.