Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: law student, just got done with 1L, taking questions  (Read 5487 times)

Vapid Unicorn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who, me?
    • View Profile
Re: law student, just got done with 1L, taking questions
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2007, 11:21:19 AM »
1L experiences differ greatly, so take a lot of what is said in this thread with a grain of salt.  Based on my experience, I would heartily disagree with much of the advice given, and yet I have no doubt that it is good advice for people in other situations.

Welcome back!

Thanks.  I'm waiting for a very important FedEx, so I'm just at home killing time.  How was 1L at Penn?
Just another 2L.

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »
1L experiences differ greatly, so take a lot of what is said in this thread with a grain of salt.  Based on my experience, I would heartily disagree with much of the advice given, and yet I have no doubt that it is good advice for people in other situations.

Welcome back!

Thanks.  I'm waiting for a very important FedEx, so I'm just at home killing time.  How was 1L at Penn?

I'll tell you more once all grades are in, but I loved my time here! Can't wait for the next two years or for this summer to start. How was UMich?
Penn Law '09

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »
I thought you couldn't have a myspace page once you hit the age of 19?   ???

unless youre a stalker  :D
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Vapid Unicorn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who, me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »
For the most part, it was great.  I think that academically, I was made for law school.  The case method and socratic dialogue make thinking and learning more menaingful and enjoyable than every before.  Socially, I think law school anywhere is hard as a non-trad, and while I like that Michigan's students are slightly older and I have made some good friends, I think the lawyer's club (essentially law school dorms) creates much more gossip and juvenile drama than might exist at schools where more students live off campus.  I'm still getting used to Midwest, as well (the food is godawful, except for the sandwiches).  All-in-all, it has been a good experience, but I'm much more excited about next year. 
Just another 2L.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2007, 11:56:50 AM »
Tagged
USD 2010

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
For the most part, it was great.  I think that academically, I was made for law school.  The case method and socratic dialogue make thinking and learning more menaingful and enjoyable than every before.  Socially, I think law school anywhere is hard as a non-trad, and while I like that Michigan's students are slightly older and I have made some good friends, I think the lawyer's club (essentially law school dorms) creates much more gossip and juvenile drama than might exist at schools where more students live off campus.  I'm still getting used to Midwest, as well (the food is godawful, except for the sandwiches).  All-in-all, it has been a good experience, but I'm much more excited about next year. 

That's great to hear about your intellectually stimulating year. Law school is not for everyone, but if it is for you then you will love it - I'm glad you found out it was for you.

Glad to hear you had a good first year, minus the non-trad problems, and I hope spring grades treat you nicely.
Penn Law '09