Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to handle call from law professor at my potential school...  (Read 434 times)

the royal We

• Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    • View Profile
I will most likely be attending Campbell (admitted).  In order to gain admission, an interview is required.  Lately I've been somewhat concerned about what my employment opportunities will be in relation to Campbell's outrageous (26.4K) tuition.  I wrote the professor that interviewed me, expressing that I had some questions about the law program.  He said he would be calling me from home this coming week. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle the phone call/what I should ask about? 

I wrote the Dean of Admissions requesting some grant/scholarship money.  Any ideas on how to address this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Above & Beyond

• View Profile
Re: How to handle call from law professor at my potential school...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »
I would just be very professional and courteous.  Indicate that you are very interested in attending their law school, but that you had a couple of questions that you would like to discuss with the professor prior to committing.

Of course, you should research the school thoroughly before the call, especially paying close attention to the curriculum offered and other publicly available information via their website, in the effort to ask pointed, meaningful and intelligent questions.  If you attend, you may deal with the professor in some capacity.