Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody still waiting on Minnesota?  (Read 2697 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody still waiting on Minnesota?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 10:20:27 PM »
Ah ha!  Got my rejection letter today.  Took them freaking long enough.  My cycle is officially over, though, which is nice. :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

riss0016

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 01:41:22 PM »
I was deferred early action and then accepted in March.  I did have a slighty unorthodox LOR which I think hurt me originally, and then submitted another from my current employer.  I also went in and talked to the director of admissions personally, 3 weeks later I was accepted.

I know Minnesota will keep people on the waitlist as long as the first week of the semester.  I've heard many stories of people who had planned to go to William Mitchell, Hamline, etc. and got the call during orientation or the first week of classes.  If you have your heart set on Minnesota, plan on going somewhere else and see what happens.  No reason to take your name off the list for pride.

El Chelón

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:44:39 AM »
Yea Im set on MN so the waitlist really sucks.  If I dont get off it Im not going to go to law school this year.  Also, my LSAT is five years old now and Im going to have to take it again.  I would love to keep sending them stuff but the impression I got is that they dont want it unless it's really significant.  I plan on sitting on the waitlist and just hoping for a call.  Let me know if anyone gets in.  Looks like people have pretty much stopped updating their LSN accounts.

El Chelón

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
Everyone get that email about the waitlist last week?

El Chelón

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »
Anyone get in off the waitlist yet?

El Chelón

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 12:05:46 PM »
bump

Seventeen

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
I missed a call from the Dean of Admissons on Friday... she said she was accepting people off the waitlist and wanted to talk to me. I will update once I hear from her, but it's likely there is more movement with the WL now or they are planning to go back into Committee soon to evaluate the WL.
"We're adults. When did that happen, and how do we make it stop?" ~Grey's Anatomy

El Chelón

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »
yea let me know.  im dying to hear from them.