Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do I really need 2 Academic Recommendation Letters????  (Read 969 times)

legally_brunette

• View Profile
Do I really need 2 Academic Recommendation Letters????
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:22:09 AM »
I already have one Professor lined up, I can get a third non-academic without a problem, but I am worried that another professor would end up being vanilla.

Am I kissing my chances at Harvard/T14 goodbye if I only send in the one Prof. rec.?

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: Do I really need 2 Academic Recommendation Letters????
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 03:02:33 AM »
You should be OK. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Do I really need 2 Academic Recommendation Letters????
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:41:53 AM »
I am a graduating senior at the moment but will have one year of work experience by the time I apply.  I already have one Professor lined up and hopefully a Judge who I worked for and who knows me well.  I can get a third non-academic without a problem, but I am worried that another professor would end up being vanilla.

Am I kissing my chances at Harvard/T14 goodbye if I only send in the one Prof. rec.?

It depends on the school. Usually if you've only been out for a year, they'll want 2 academic refs because you probably had time to prepare to get them before you graduated. I know Cornell emailed people and told them to send in another academic rec if they had been out only a year or two.