;

Author Topic: Moving  (Read 1209 times)

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
Re: Moving
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 03:40:34 AM »
Hey SilentSwirl you also might want to look into something called U Pack it or something like that.  They give you a pod or something to pack your stuff in and then they haul it across the country for you to unload.  Might be cheaper than a UHaul.  I don't know though.  Def. would be a lot easier and then you could just drive your accord.

That's interesting, thanks for telling me about it. I'll look into it.

See, problem is there is SOME stuff already in the apartment, SOME stuff that I own, and SOME stuff that I need to buy. But the stuff that I own is slightly more than I can fit in my car and slightly less than I really want to pay to ship. So maybe I just need to leave behind what doesnt fit and buy it again.

I thought about towing the car, but omg how much would it suck to drive a truck halfway across the country? That, I could deal with, though. Biggest problem is probably BOTH my parents want to come along for the ride and I dont know about all of us in the truck...

That's an easy one!  Make your parents drive the truck, and you drive the car.  Then you don't even have to rent the car dolly.

I'm doing the ABF U-pack trailer thing, because I don't want to drive a moving truck 2500 miles.  I just bought a car dolly, so I'll drive one car and tow the other.

Oh my goodness, no way! It's 22 hours from Houston to DC, the reason my parents are coming is so we can all take turns driving! But, I my 1,400 miles pale in comparison to your 2,500!! Agk! Good luck... are you doing it alone?

My UGPA was Pi

• View Profile
Re: Moving
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 10:12:56 AM »
Oh my goodness, no way! It's 22 hours from Houston to DC, the reason my parents are coming is so we can all take turns driving! But, I my 1,400 miles pale in comparison to your 2,500!! Agk! Good luck... are you doing it alone?

No, I'll have my wife and kids with me.  The kids are the reason I had to buy a car dolly.  For some reason, my wife doesn't want to caravan two cars across the country with an infant and a kindergartner in the back seat of one of them.   ???