Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA Waitlist movement today  (Read 11571 times)

stgreenberg

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist movement today
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 08:59:45 PM »
Went in and spoke with Dean Schwartz today.  He basically told me at this point they are just waiting for more people to withdraw and that my application was still "In the realm of possibility." 

He also told me I have done as much as anyone could to show them that I was interested in attending, I think that is code for stop bothering us :)

Hmmmm I think I see Loyola in my future :)

-Sam

soccr234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »
Sam,

Did Schwartz say how many people they thought they would ultimately admit off the waitlist and when that might happen?

snowbuns18

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 08:18:19 PM »
I also went to UCLA and spoke to the assistant Dean of Admissions.  She said that her and Dean Schwartz plan on making about 50 more offers to waitlisted candidates, hoping to yield about 10 more students in.  She said this could occur even right up to the time classes start.  That's why they're making so many offers... cause they figure some people won't be able to come to UCLA last minute. 

thedudebro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »
I also went to UCLA and spoke to the assistant Dean of Admissions.  She said that her and Dean Schwartz plan on making about 50 more offers to waitlisted candidates, hoping to yield about 10 more students in.  She said this could occur even right up to the time classes start.  That's why they're making so many offers... cause they figure some people won't be able to come to UCLA last minute. 

Bull-f-ing-*&^% you trolling mofo you. Why are you trying to get the hopes up of good, God-fearing, future law students? UCLA's yield rate would be smashed to smithereens. Motherfucking killself. HTmotherfuckingH!!!

stgreenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 09:57:23 PM »
Dean Schwartz told me he had about 50 candidates left in serious consideration but they were not sure how many they could admit....they are waiting for people to drop out at this point in order to get more off the waitlist.

-Sam

soccr234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »
I wonder if Dean Schwartz would tell us if we were in that top 50 if we asked

Ya Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 02:16:08 PM »
same here. calld yesterday.

Ya Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »
school starts next week for me. signing my lease today in san francisco. good luck to the rest of you.

stgreenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 09:44:35 PM »
Loyola's orientations and first legal methods classes meet next week.  I have my metro pass, have paid my tuition, and have my class schedule.  I don't think I could go to UCLA now even if I got in! 

Can still hope though!

-Sam

stgreenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »
Got another e-mail from schwartz today telling me the class was full but he would let me know if a spot opened up.

Doesn't sound very promising.

-Sam