Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School and Flash cards  (Read 452 times)

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Law School and Flash cards
« on: May 10, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »
I work as a paralegal now and a bunch of the attorneys I work with have said I should get flashcards and work through them before school starts so its less confusing when it all starts.  Does anyone think this might be worth it?  Has anyone used commercially available flashcards and if so what are good publishers?

road

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School and Flash cards
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:20:19 AM »
I don't know anything about flash card but I did come across this a few days ago:
http://www.amazon.com/Law-School-Box-Prestige-Fraction/dp/1594741468
IANAL...Y

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »
I work as a paralegal now and a bunch of the attorneys I work with have said I should get flashcards and work through them before school starts so its less confusing when it all starts.  Does anyone think this might be worth it?  Has anyone used commercially available flashcards and if so what are good publishers?

People who use flashcards like Law in a Flash, but not everyone learns well with flashcards. I have tried using flashcards so many times previously and never get anything out of it. In addition, there's no reason to get them before school starts. It's not really that confusing when you start because the professors expects you to have no knowledge.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »
What do these flash cards contain? Case name on one side, and case info on the back or something?

quem vem la-sou eu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »
I've found it really helpful (with language study) to have big poster board on your wall that you write key terms on with a Sharpie.

This really works for me, but people think you're a psycho when they see it on your wall. (Think Billy Madison... "People to Kill")

But different mnemonics work for different people. I don't think there's any reason to believe that if you've had academic success thus far with standard studying, that suddenly you'll need flash cards for law. Or even that they would help.