Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kerry: The Political Nutsack Hangs Yet Lower...  (Read 1263 times)

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
Re: Kerry: The Political Nutsack Hangs Yet Lower...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »
He's getting more desperate.  In the latest Gallup poll, Bush is leading him by something like 13 points.

ZAP

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 03:34:16 PM »
He's getting more desperate.  In the latest Gallup poll, Bush is leading him by something like 13 points.

ZAP

but the pew poll had them in a deadheat, as did another poll released yesterday..  i actually think bush peaked and his support is beginning to erode, but only time will tell.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 03:37:06 PM »
Yeah, we'll see.  I don't think his support will erode unless Iraq breaks out into a massive Civil War between now and November, or we hit another huge recession. 

ZAP

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:40:15 PM »
another huge recession?

I know this is a recession, but is it really Huge?  I heard a Democrat strategist today call it something ridiculous (i'm trying to recall the phrase) that actually made it sound like the Great Depression round 2.

I know its no condolence if you are now unemployed, but we have gone soft.  This is NOTHING compared to other bad times we've had.
3.8/155

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 03:58:13 PM »
I agree.  People comparing it to the Great Depression have no respect for what my grandparents went through.  yes, they were Okies who went to California to pick fruit, just like in Grapes of Wrath.  That book means something to me.

ZAP

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »
another huge recession?

I know this is a recession, but is it really Huge?  I heard a Democrat strategist today call it something ridiculous (i'm trying to recall the phrase) that actually made it sound like the Great Depression round 2.

I know its no condolence if you are now unemployed, but we have gone soft.  This is NOTHING compared to other bad times we've had.

It's really not that bad.

I mean, ever since Bush got into office via "the supreme court", only what, 2-3 million jobs have been lost?

Record unemployment?

Trillion $$$$ budget deficit?

never ending corporate scandals and corporate welfare?

Are you really better off now than you were 4 years ago?

Of course you are!

God bless Bush!

::)

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 05:23:52 PM »

I mean, ever since Bush got into office via "the supreme court", only what, 2-3 million jobs have been lost? -- these occured because of events in the clinton administration and 911.  You can argue Bush did not take the fastest course to recovery, but blaming his administration is total idiocy.

Record unemployment?  -- This is nowwhere close to a record!  We are so damn spoiled we don't know what unemployment really is.  It swelled to roughly HALF that of the French economy liberals seem to love so much.

Trillion $$$$ budget deficit?  -- Check this as a percentage of GDP.. its not unusually large.  Democrats seem to have selective memory when it comes to running deficits in a recession.  They can't seem to remember that Clinton should have been fighting to pay down the debt during his term in office.

never ending corporate scandals and corporate welfare? -- These practices all began under Clinton's administration and came to light in this one.  This administration has prosecuted more corporate criminals than any other.

Are you really better off now than you were 4 years ago?  -- of course we aren't.  We were recovering from one of the three most rampant bubbles (Thank you slick-Willy) in our history when we had one of the three largest attacks ever on American soil!  Someone else MIGHT have gotten us to an even level with four years ago, but NO ONE would have us ahead.

Of course you are!

God bless Bush!

There are reasons to not like Bush (Iraq? Poor diplomacy? Poor environmental policy?) and there are uneducated liberal jargon points.  Try coming up with some of the former.
3.8/155

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 06:25:32 PM »
1 million african american votes were not counted.

Never forget that.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 06:43:01 PM »
1 million african american votes were not counted.

Never forget that.

HAHAHA.. I give you the chance to state something educated/valid and you spew conspiracy theory.

Have you considered becoming a career as a radio talk show host?
3.8/155