Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Third Tier or Rutgers Newark?  (Read 437 times)

kemahaff

• View Profile
Third Tier or Rutgers Newark?
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
So, I've been accepted to University of Maine and (am from Houston) will probably live in Mass or Maine for the rest of my life, but I also may have the options of Rutgers Newark or the University of Houston.
I like the idea of U Maine; small school, laid back and good local/regional rep. But at the same time I want to go to best...school for my future.

Do Maine's strong state and New England reputations out weigh the 60th and 70th ranked schools, since I will live in NE? Or is going to one of these other schools and then moving back to NE the better option (considering having to uproot, loose connections, etc? Will I really get that much better of an education? Thanks.

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
Re: Third Tier or Rutgers Newark?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:55:34 PM »
If you are planning to live in Maine, and got into Maine....go to Maine.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 11:57:49 PM »
Houston to Maine that is quite the switch.

awesomepossum

• Sr. Citizen
  • Playing possum can go too far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 12:56:49 AM »
All of those schools are pretty regional.  If you know where you want to be, then geography should most probably dictate your choice.  The contacts the school has and you can make will probably be better that way.

Good luck with your decision!
U.Michigan 2011 (deferred from '10)