Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stop reading and study more!  (Read 5392 times)

kemahaff

• View Profile
Stop reading and study more!
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:16:09 PM »
The LSAT IS a HARD test a very hard test, but don't waist valuable prep time reading someone else's bad news about the LSAT. Go study, study harder than you think you can, more than you think you need to. Take a class if you can. buy several or all study guides; pick and choose and develop your personal techniques for each section, each type of question. As you become more comfortable with the test, the less anything that may happen that day will matter. Good luck!

Spartan Niner

• You point, I punch.
    • View Profile
Re: Stop reading and study more!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:52:28 AM »
Lawl?  ???

The LSAT is like any other standardized test... there's a standard distribution of scores. It's not inherently hard or easy - that's just the perception of the individual test-taker...
"Jump on my sword while you can evil, I won't be as gentle!"

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:50:57 AM »
Lawl?  ???

The LSAT is like any other standardized test... there's a standard distribution of scores. It's not inherently hard or easy - that's just the perception of the individual test-taker...

Well, I think it's definitely more challenging than the SAT, which you can generally take without prep.  I think you have to prep for the LSAT to achieve the same percentile you would get on the SAT without prep.

rickster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »
Lawl?  ???

Well, I think it's definitely more challenging than the SAT, which you can generally take without prep.  I think you have to prep for the LSAT to achieve the same percentile you would get on the SAT without prep.

In a way, you can call high school a 4 year prep class for the SAT.  There is no "material" to study for the LSAT.  It's a matter of thinking a certain way.
Washington and Lee '10

LSN

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 11:02:55 PM »
Lawl?  ???

In a way, you can call high school a 4 year prep class for the SAT.  There is no "material" to study for the LSAT.  It's a matter of thinking a certain way.

You're partly correct, but partly incorrect -- you can in fact study material to prepare for the LSAT, as it will help you to think in that certain way. 

Either way, most people will do worse on the LSAT than on the SAT if you they don't prep, so in that sense, it's clearly more difficult.  Among other things, the pool of takers is more competitive.

blakeimus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 03:41:41 AM »

[/quote]

You're partly correct, but partly incorrect -- you can in fact study material to prepare for the LSAT, as it will help you to think in that certain way. 

Either way, most people will do worse on the LSAT than on the SAT if you they don't prep, so in that sense, it's clearly more difficult.  Among other things, the pool of takers is more competitive.
[/quote]

I did horrible on my SAT's,  however i didn't study for them.  Percentile wise i think my first non-prep LSAT test, was substantially higher then my actual SAT score.

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Buck you, I'll do what I want.

The LSAT IS a HARD test a very hard test, but don't waist valuable prep time reading someone else's bad news about the LSAT. Go study, study harder than you think you can, more than you think you need to. Take a class if you can. buy several or all study guides; pick and choose and develop your personal techniques for each section, each type of question. As you become more comfortable with the test, the less anything that may happen that day will matter. Good luck!