Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UT and Vandy Waitlists; Nothing on GWU  (Read 5278 times)

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UT and Vandy Waitlists; Nothing on GWU
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »
I got a phone call from Vandy today. I missed the call, and didn't get the message until 6pm, so I won't know what the deal is until the AM. I can't believe I didn't hear my phone!!!!!!! I left a return voice mail asking them to please call me in the morning.

Has anyone else gotten a call recently? If so, what was the news? I never sent my waitlist form back in (basically, I got it the night before I was about to go out of town for my wedding/honeymoon, and forgot to send it before I caught my plane....after I got home 3 weeks later I thought it was too late anyway)...so I am thinking they might want to ask me if I still want to be on the waitlist or ask me where they should send my rejection.

If I got in though, I would scream with delight.

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
I got a phone call from Vandy today. I missed the call, and didn't get the message until 6pm, so I won't know what the deal is until the AM. I can't believe I didn't hear my phone!!!!!!! I left a return voice mail asking them to please call me in the morning.

Has anyone else gotten a call recently? If so, what was the news? I never sent my waitlist form back in (basically, I got it the night before I was about to go out of town for my wedding/honeymoon, and forgot to send it before I caught my plane....after I got home 3 weeks later I thought it was too late anyway)...so I am thinking they might want to ask me if I still want to be on the waitlist or ask me where they should send my rejection.

If I got in though, I would scream with delight.

I doubt they would call you unless it's an acceptance.  And if they do call to see if you're interested in staying on the waitlist, at this point of time it's a "we want to accept you and wonder if you'll say yes" kind of question.

Please update tomorrow - I won't say congrats just yet not to jinx you.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 08:10:29 PM »
I will definitely let you know what happens. Eeep!

I would assume it is an acceptance if I had sent in my form or an LOCI, but since I didn't (because I stupidly assumed it was too late to do so)....I am feeling very unsure. Why else would they call though? I guess I have to wait until the morning.

I am very curious too.

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 01:27:23 PM »
I got in to Vandy off of the waitlist.

I feel very mixed about it. I am thrilled, yet completely overwhelmed. I have until Monday to decide. OMG. It is going to cost me $2400 to get out of my current lease at AL though.

I am a low-ish LSAT/high GPA spliter. 3.3 index, in case anyone is wondering.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
In in Nashville now. I love it. You should come to Vandy... though I understand that 2400 is a lot of money... Did you ask about any Vandy money??
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »

I feel very mixed about it. I am thrilled, yet completely overwhelmed. I have until Monday to decide. OMG. It is going to cost me $2400 to get out of my current lease at AL though.

CONGRATS!!!  You're not seriously thinking about passing that up, are you?  They are a top-notch school, with a reputation for friendly student body, and great opportunities for employment (they even do 1L OCI). $2,400 is a very small price in comparison to life-time opportunities and earning capacity of someone with a Vanderbilt Law degree.  Unless you hate Nashville with a passion, or want to do public interest in Alabama (and 'Bama gave you a full ride) I'd go to Vandy.

/not to say that Alabama is not a great school, I'm sure you'll do fine at either one.
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 11:31:42 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement gals. I would definitely NOT let 2400 stand in my way. I am more worried about the tuition difference (11k per year at UA vs 39k per year at Vandy). And no, I donn't have money at UA or at Vandy (I just filled out my need aid stuff tonight though, so maybe that will give us a little something). My husband would have much better job options in Nashvegas, and overall, we would be happier. I LOVE Nashville. We are going to sleep on it, but as of now, I am totally IN. I am so freaking surprised this happened.

heatherm

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »
DEFINITELY see if they will give you some $$$.  At this point they NEED those seats filled and are way way more likely to offer up some money in order to make sure they are filled!  I planned on doing this at UT but before I asked they sent me a scholarship letter.  Congratulations and Good luck with everything!  :)

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »

Vandy is worth it. 2400 will be made up when you get a sweet job.

MaxtoneFour

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 11:54:49 AM »
Congratulations on getting into Vanderbilt!  Look me up when you get to Nashville; I'm looking for fellow Class of 2010 members to hang out with.
East 1999 is where you'll find me.

2L at Vanderbilt University Law School (Class of 2010)