Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone hear from UVA yet?!  (Read 10153 times)

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: anyone hear from UVA yet?!
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »
tag

m who

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2007, 08:11:41 PM »
site's back up... nothing new. What's the deal?  Anyone hear of them makng calls?

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »
tag

motorboatinsonofa

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's all deadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
from the Waiting List page:

June 27: The second deposit deadline has now passed. Our entering class remains full, with a reasonable cushion to absorb an average number of cancellations between now and the start of school. Because this summer has seen an unusual amount of waiting list activity at peer schools, we will continue to maintain a number of candidates on our waiting list, in the event that late-summer attrition is greater than usual. As always, we appreciate your patience and your continued interest in the University of Virginia School of Law!
1L

m who

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »
Has anyone heard they were "released" from the limited waiting list they'll be keeping?

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
tag - anyone hear anything?

jpw8v

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2007, 11:42:18 AM »
ok so i just got an email that says they have updated my Admit status on the website.  I checked the website and it says they have reached a final decision on my application and that it will be mailed to me in 10 days.  it says that to protect my confidentiality they will not release information over the phone.  Im pretty sure I am now going to receive a letter telling me they have released me from the waitlist, right?  I mean, don't they call you if they are letting you in because they need to know immediately?  Is there any way this could be good news??  Any help would be great, thanks.

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2007, 05:12:43 PM »
Has anyone gotten in off the waitlist recently?

DanHittite

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2007, 02:23:11 PM »
I just got a call two days ago from Susan Palmer, Associate Dean of Admissions at UVa Law. She offered me a spot off of the waitlist to the entering class of 2010 over the phone. I don't think there is any possible way they would accept you via letter. They gave me 24 hours to decide. I quit both jobs yesterday and am going down to Charlottesville tomorrow morning to look for a place to live. Hope this information helps.
Attending: UVa!
Waitlist: Penn
Accepted: Cornell, GW, UVa

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 08:58:44 PM »
Did you get an email from Susan Palmer on Monday asking you to reply if you were still interested in staying on the waitlist?