Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone hear from UVA yet?!  (Read 10795 times)

jpw8v

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: anyone hear from UVA yet?!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »
sent an email a few days ago but i have received no response.  i am also concerned about this bc my email contains important info

cath84

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
Does anyone know if they even read the e-mails sent in? Has anyone received a response to an e-mail in the past month?

Even after I was admitted off the waitlist, a couple of my emails requesting confirmation of the receipt of my deposit went unanswered. If your emails are for the purposes of expressing your interesting in UVA or to add new information to your file, my advice would be to send in letters of continued interest (via snail mail). According to my conversation with Mr. Trujillo, the letters that candidates send are put in your file for the admissions staff to read. He said it was the best way for me to express my interest and to  update my file. I'm not sure if emails are printed out and put in your file. If you are writing emails to get answers to specific questions, I'd suggest calling in- in my experience, the admissions staff is really friendly and helpful.

getafe22

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 01:48:02 PM »
I spoke with the admissions office and they said e-mails are still read by the staff, even if it's not same day. Also, they are so busy that a lot of times they just can't answer them. Hopefully that is true, but I'd probably suggest sending anything snail mail as well.

getafe22

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 04:29:50 PM »
They are done offering spots until late June after second seat deposits are expected in.

nonunique

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »
I believe Trujillo said it was the 15th when we talked about it.
Attending: NU($)!!!
In: UVa($), GW, WUSL, WF, GM, Cardozo, DePaul($$)
WL: Columbia, Duke, Penn, UCLA, W&M
Out: Harvard, Stanford, Boalt, NYU, GULC, Chicago, Texas, Michigan, UWash, Cornell, UNC

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=non

getafe22

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »
Ya, postmarked by the 15th.

Fulbrighter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »
Like everyone else who reads these boards I was disappointed that the class is full until further notice.  I guess they shoud have an idea of how--if any--are needed for the waitlist and open slots.  As far me, I just accept an offer at Penn Law, so I am no longer in the running for a seat off the UVA waitlist.  I hope it opens up something for one of you.
Penn Law Class of 2011

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 12:27:18 PM »
Well, the UVA website still says they will know on June 21 whether or not they will take more people from the wait list.  Anyone heard anything?

m who

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »
is it me -- or is the waitling list websit down?

joe1234

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 05:57:06 PM »
its down...speculate at will!