Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone hear from UVA yet?!  (Read 10716 times)

BareLeslie

• View Profile
anyone hear from UVA yet?!
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »
stillllllllllll waiting...

any news from anyone?

LZ21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: anyone hear from UVA yet?!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »
UVA Class of 2010!

trivialine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 11:56:31 AM »
A few people got in off waitlist. I haven't seen anybody yet that has gotten off WL that is a non-resident though. I am general non-res so I think I am lowest on the totem poll.

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »
I got a voicemail today (non-resident).  Haven't had a chance to call back and find out why they called, but there's some movement (either admission, rejection, or 'are you still interested?') from the list.
U of Chicago 2010.

trivialine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »
that has to be good news, right? are you priority or non-priority?

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

priority, if I remember correctly.  My numbers are pretty in line with their admissions and I applied late, but I'm by no means auto-admit material (3.6, 172).  I certainly hope it's good news, but I didn't visit UVA when I went to look at GULC and now I'm regretting it (I'm on the other side of the country).
U of Chicago 2010.

BareLeslie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »

priority, if I remember correctly.  My numbers are pretty in line with their admissions and I applied late, but I'm by no means auto-admit material (3.6, 172).  I certainly hope it's good news, but I didn't visit UVA when I went to look at GULC and now I'm regretting it (I'm on the other side of the country).

that's great news!!! way to go!!! please let us know what they said/say to you. ahh, i'm staring at my phone on the daily. was their call a private number or a 434 area code? anyway, good luck! do you think you'd go over GULC? hope you hear good news!

fredd727

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »
I got the call last Thursday.  It was a private number.  Also, non-resident general waitlist here.  A friend also at Penn got in at the same time.  He's also a non-resident but I don't know if he was general or priority.  Good luck guys.

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »

that's great news!!! way to go!!! please let us know what they said/say to you. ahh, i'm staring at my phone on the daily. was their call a private number or a 434 area code? anyway, good luck! do you think you'd go over GULC? hope you hear good news!

I'm on west coast time so I didn't get a chance to call before the office closed.  I'll be calling first thing tomorrow morning before going to work.  (I'm nervous!)  I actually withdrew from GULC.  I have a deposit down two places, but am most seriously considering UCLA (closer to home, a lot cheaper than private school).  If UCLA gives me a scholarship it would be a tough decision, but otherwise the benefits of UVA probably outweigh the trade offs.  (if I can convince my boyfriend to move to a tiny town in VA, anyway...)
U of Chicago 2010.

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »
Yeah, I'm in, with a bit of money, too :)
U of Chicago 2010.