Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone hear from UVA yet?!  (Read 10882 times)

DanHittite

• View Profile
Re: anyone hear from UVA yet?!
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 11:56:33 PM »
No she asked me to call her immediately in an email on Monday, but I saw the bin today. She has about 10 names that she hasn't signed waitlist releases for. If she asked you to reply if you were still interested you are one of about 10 people still on the waitlist. KEEP UP HOPE YOU'RE ALMOST THERE! Definitely keep in touch with her. Let her know you are still interested.
Attending: UVa!
Waitlist: Penn
Accepted: Cornell, GW, UVa

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to get my hopes up too high - it would be devastating to make it this far and not get in.  I'm curious...how did you see the bin and the 10 waitlisted applications?

uvahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 08:42:38 AM »
I've been in contact with a different assitant dean and I'm on the short wait list - do you really think it's ten people total? I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high...

DanHittite

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 12:11:24 PM »
I promise you I saw the bin with the waitlisted applicants who aren't in the process of being a sent a letter releasing them off the waitlist as we speak. They are sitting in the admissions office and I just happened to see them. Please don't mention this to anyone in the admissions office because it's probably very confidential information, but there could not have been more than 10 names on the short waitlist. Keep fighting.

DanHittite

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »
And...if you get in (which I hope you do) let me know, because I am still looking for a place to live in C'Ville and a roommate. Good luck.

uvahopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »
Thanks for the info - congrats on getting in - I promise to keep your confidence....I will keep you updated for sure...they know how badly I want to come!

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »
I'll echo what uvahopeful said.  Congrats on getting in - I'm extremely jealous.  I keep telling myself that they wouldn't have emailed us unless they had thought there was at least a good chance that they would have spots for us, but I know that I have no basis for that and that it's mostly just wishful thinking.  But ahhh, we're THIS CLOSE and yet still so far away.  Keeping the fingers crossed...

DanHittite

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50:06 AM »
At this point they are making offers one at a time as is needed. It just begs the question how arbitrary the system is. When it gets this close everyone is qualified for a spot, I think it really comes down to whoever is in the Dean's mind at the time the call needs to be made to one of the last few people on the waitlist.

waldocat21

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »
Anyone get in today?  I didn't, ha.  :-\

jamas

• Two-Fisted Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2007, 12:33:11 AM »
I got an email today saying my status was updated. It's definitely a rejection since they'd be making phone calls this late in the game, but at least that's the final end to my cycle.