Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Wait Listers Share Your Pain  (Read 9804 times)

conrad42

• Ceci n'est pas une law student.
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia Wait Listers Share Your Pain
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 09:57:27 AM »
Hopefully they'll get back to us pretty soon.

Word on the street is that there is a Third Reserve

This is correct; I spoke with CLS a few days ago, and there will be a third and final reserve. Sometime in July people who are on the second reserve will be rejected, accepted, or put on third reserve. CLS will then look at third reserve again in August. Apparently it is not uncommon for CLS to go to the third reserve the day before classes start.

job loblaw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »
Good luck everyone!

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »
good luck to you all!
Columbia 3L

HaHa1942

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
Just called the admissions, they are currently reviewing the reserved applications. The really nice rep also mentioned that a decision would be rendered fairly soon, like by early next week. Hoping for the email ;D

deedeeleigh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 10:09:01 AM »
Has anyone who was put on reserve a while back not gotten either a rejection or another reserve notice? I haven't heard from CLS since early May when I was put on reserve. I'm guessing I'd be a rejection, but haven't gotten one yet.

HaHa1942

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2007, 10:47:37 AM »
I got the second reserve letter in June and have no idea what difference it makes ???

Call them for an update if you'd like, it seems like they are in good mood today ;D

LetsGetEm

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »
I got the second reserve letter in June and have no idea what difference it makes ???

Call them for an update if you'd like, it seems like they are in good mood today ;D

What is it that you're saying in all these phone-calls you're having with CLS staff? Should I be concerned that I haven't added them to my speed dial?

I know we're supposed to show interest but does that mean I have to "make friends" with the office staff?
W/L @:Columbia (fingers crossed)
In and Considering:UCLA and Michigan
Broke it Off with: Duke, Gtown, USC, GWU...(the list goes on...there's only one of me and not enough to go around)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ilippe3515

Cantillon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 11:27:29 PM »

What is it that you're saying in all these phone-calls you're having with CLS staff? Should I be concerned that I haven't added them to my speed dial?

I know we're supposed to show interest but does that mean I have to "make friends" with the office staff?

Seriously, I feel behind the 8-ball with respect to communication with the admissions office.

LetsGetEm

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »
Just called the admissions, they are currently reviewing the reserved applications. The really nice rep also mentioned that a decision would be rendered fairly soon, like by early next week. Hoping for the email ;D

So CLS sends an email and not a phone call when they take people off the waitlist? Is that what the rep in admissions said?

WHEN WILL THEY START TELLING PEOPLE ANYTHING???

Has ANYONE ON HERE heard from them about the SECOND RESERVE LIST/ACCEPTANCE? My parents want me to make a decision by mid next week but I'm not about to leave that waitlist prematurely.

ANYONE HAVE ANY NEWS?
W/L @:Columbia (fingers crossed)
In and Considering:UCLA and Michigan
Broke it Off with: Duke, Gtown, USC, GWU...(the list goes on...there's only one of me and not enough to go around)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ilippe3515

sanskirt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 12:36:37 AM »
WHEN WILL THEY START TELLING PEOPLE ANYTHING???

Has ANYONE ON HERE heard from them about the SECOND RESERVE LIST/ACCEPTANCE? My parents want me to make a decision by mid next week but I'm not about to leave that waitlist prematurely.

ANYONE HAVE ANY NEWS?

I just got the Third Reserve letter. That's news for ya!