Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia Wait Listers Share Your Pain  (Read 9733 times)

LetsGetEm

• View Profile
Columbia Wait Listers Share Your Pain
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:59:11 PM »
Deposits at other schools...good ones...BUT I'm still holding out. I wanted to know if anyone else has already heard from Columbia since having been put on the wait list and whether or not anyone has--or will--taken themselves off the WL? Also, does anyone know what the CLS wait list has been like in past years? Good? Bad? Ugly? What are my prospects ?????? I'm going insane! :'( :o :D :-[ :-\
W/L @:Columbia (fingers crossed)
In and Considering:UCLA and Michigan
Broke it Off with: Duke, Gtown, USC, GWU...(the list goes on...there's only one of me and not enough to go around)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ilippe3515

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Columbia Wait Listers Share Your Pain
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »
I'm on it, but not staying on.  Moving to Ann Arbor in a couple weeks and excited about it!

Michigan Law Class of 2010

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »
I withdrew from the waitlist also.  I've heard they don't take very many people off of it, but you never know -- every cycle is different.  Have you sent them a letter of continued interest?
UPenn '10

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 04:40:11 PM »
I'll stay on until early- to mid-June.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 04:47:27 PM »
i'm on it, but soon to go off it....just need to find the email that i should send my withdrawal notice to

conrad42

• Ceci n'est pas une law student.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »
Not a peep from Columbia, but I'll stay on for as long as it takes.

If I remember correctly, the initial letter said they wouldn't look at the reserve list until June.

holydevil

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 02:25:55 PM »
There was some data collected for, I believe, the 1996 application cycle.  It showed that Columbia had a waitlist of 600 people.  It ended up taking 30 people from that waitlist.  Even though that data is from a long time ago, it's definitely not comforting.  I'm having trouble writing a LOCI since the probability of an acceptance seems so small. Regardless, I'll stay on the Columbia waitlist as long as possible.  I'm not too sad about it, I have a 30k a year offer from GWU.  I'm sure the rest of you have similar offers that rock just as much, if not more.

LetsGetEm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 02:02:20 AM »
Is everyone who IS staying on the wait list sending letters of continued interest? If so, what on earth are you saying after already having told them that you wish to stay on the list? I figured that they didn't want to be bothered by being innundated with more "crap" from us but I could be mistaken. I was thinking about letting them know about Latin Honors once I have a better idea whether I'll get Summu or Magna but I don't really have anything else to send them. I'm visiting this next weekend...maybe it will inspire something.

Would it be totally inappropriate to send them a letter that specifies WHY I'm so interested in CLS?(highlighting the professors, clinics, and classes of interest)
W/L @:Columbia (fingers crossed)
In and Considering:UCLA and Michigan
Broke it Off with: Duke, Gtown, USC, GWU...(the list goes on...there's only one of me and not enough to go around)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ilippe3515

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 02:45:38 AM »
I sent a second LOCI, but I had a good reason. Something significant in my life recently changed. If you already sent a LOCI and nothing new is going on, I don't think it would add any value to your app. In any case, I'll let you know if this has any impact.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

darkside

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »
I sent an LOCI, had an employer write a letter and then just today had my mentor for a national fellowship send an additional letter.  perhaps overkill, but i guess i'll be going down in a blaze of glory!  i also plan to make a visit at the end of the month.