Law School Discussion

The Black Men Thread

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Men Thread
« Reply #2770 on: December 07, 2007, 09:31:40 PM »
See, I was trying to be really careful to avoid that kind of response. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not talking about white women being afraid of black men. I'm talking about women being generally cautious. I think I made it pretty clear that I understand that even when that's what's happening race may play a role, and that that's not okay, but that I'm personally not going to, and I wouldn't ask anyone else to, put my personal (reasonably assessed) sense of security on the line for the sake of not looking like I think someone could be a potential threat.

:D I was totally joking. I am the first to look over my shoulder or lock my car doors when any unfamiliar male gets close!

I thought you were serious. anyhow, funny.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: December 07, 2007, 09:32:37 PM »
Umm, actually Alci, even I know this one, and MCB can vouch for how not with it I generally am.

I assume that it's one of those skull caps?

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 07, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
Umm, actually Alci, even I know this one, and MCB can vouch for how not with it I generally am.

yes. a skull cap that doesn't fold.

« Reply #2773 on: December 07, 2007, 09:43:07 PM »

yup yup

smh A....smh

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 07, 2007, 09:45:35 PM »

yup yup

smh A....smh

cosigned.  I know what a beanie is and I'm a fob.

ETA: I agree with Cady and G that I'm wary of all men when I'm walking alone at certain times/places.  I'd rather hurt some guy's feelings than be robbed/raped/etc.

jarhead

• "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: December 08, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Wait, what?  Did Monica just channel Eldridge Cleaver, but to a different conclusion? :D

And actually, I don't care what anybody says, if there's a dude (or worse, dudes) walking behind me I'm gonna be on the look out - not gonna catch my ass being a statistic, even if it is only roughly 1 in 40 (1 in 10 out of 1 in 4).  Of course, I'm more scared of groups of white dudes than groups of black ones, but I'm southern and I went to a school with some f'ed up frats, so there you go.

once again i msut fall back on chris rock....when its 3am in the morning and im at an atm, im not looking over my shoulder for maury shafer, im looking for nwords

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: December 09, 2007, 08:18:08 AM »
Wait, what?  Did Monica just channel Eldridge Cleaver, but to a different conclusion? :D

And actually, I don't care what anybody says, if there's a dude (or worse, dudes) walking behind me I'm gonna be on the look out - not gonna catch my ass being a statistic, even if it is only roughly 1 in 40 (1 in 10 out of 1 in 4).  Of course, I'm more scared of groups of white dudes than groups of black ones, but I'm southern and I went to a school with some f'ed up frats, so there you go.

once again i msut fall back on chris rock....when its 3am in the morning and im at an atm, im not looking over my shoulder for maury shafer, im looking for nwords

no doubt, son

« Reply #2777 on: December 09, 2007, 08:50:32 AM »
my brother and i used to do that to old white ladies in dept store elevators  :D :D :D :D those were the days ...

LOL @ at this being a health issue. Next time, get right beside her, look her up and down and very noticeably clinch your backpack really close to your person.

« Reply #2778 on: December 09, 2007, 08:55:03 AM »
hahahahahaa

Second, what the hell is a "beanie cap"?

son.

first you didn't know what gully meant and now you don't know what a beenie cap is???

yea imma need you to do better ;)
[/quote]

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: December 09, 2007, 08:57:27 AM »
i didn't know what a beenie cap was either

Thank you!!  These yankee-ass negroes thinking their terms are universal.