Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Black Men Thread  (Read 116208 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Men Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2007, 01:54:47 PM »
Also, I hope I don't run into chickas looking for their MRS degree because marriage is akin to retirement..I still want to do the young black rich single lawyer thing...(*thinks about trips to Thailand, Brazil, Costa Rica)  ...exotic gulf, exotic women and sport fishing sounds like a plan!

Dude, 90% of your posts indicate you're living in some fantasy world with fairies and elves.

Dang Justice, is it like that? :)
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
I don't know why bond would vote for her, but I'm leaning in her direction because she is predictable.  Also, Clintons are good.  For all this talk about some policies Clinton passed that may have "sold us out", and I guess those policies are highlighted to point out some sort of irony, the country did well under him.  Black people thrived, and the element of American society that has driven us to war, bigotry, borderline fascism, and an overall dumbing down, was marginalized in much the same way liberals are marginalized now.  They were crazy right wingers under the Clintons, and were part of some "conspiracy group", now, it is merely America and what we have become.  The whole mood of the country has shifted.  

I don't see Obama as a good foil.  They say he is fresh, and having a person of color as prez would definately be new, but I don't think he has the substance, balls, cojones - however you want to put it - to keep that element that has led this country to damnation, in their place.  I see those people becoming stronger, more emboldened, and even worse under his reign.  And four years later we will be even worse off; after an ineffective term, and the inevitable backlash.  I think Hillary can stave this off, and down the line we will be better off for having her as president.  Not to mention she is absolutely brilliant, and has B Clinton right behind her.  

All that said, I'm so sick of American politics; I'm finding it hard to get excited about voting.    

Guess I understand the frustration. I heard someone say a while back on the The Power XM169, that Hillary is not Bill and we shouldn't expect an extension of his political philosophies. I mean I applaud her for trying to establish universal healthcare when the idea was not popular, but she is so partisan. I think it would President Bush all over again.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »
u can say that again...

lol word up, i was looking at the dudes on fb.  but that's not my purpose for going to ls---but i work with a high risk ob/gyn and i see attorney's coming in at 40+ having their first kid---and that's not gonna be me :-\
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »
ask barack the next time you see him (if he comes to your area on a speaking tour) If he would issue a executive order to outlaw racial profiling...I can guarantee you his answer would be no..

ACLU of Illinois Announces Full Support for Legislation to Study Racial Profiling (1/17/2000)

To remedy the problem of racial profiling in Illinois, the ACLU is endorsing a proposal, Senate Bill 1324 filed last week by state Senator Barack Obama (D-Chicago), requiring all law enforcement agencies in the state to gather and report data about the race and ethnicity of all motorists they stop for traffic violations - whether police issue a citation or warning. The information about traffic stops would be collected at the county level and reported to the Illinois Secretary of State, whose office will analyze the data for trends and make a report about evidence of racial profiling to the General Assembly.

why because it is not politically advantageous for him to do so..

"Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama says his campaign has raised $25 million in the first three months of this year." (Hearld Globe, 4/4/07)

Looks like it's working out for him.

checkmate

This is not a executive order..the executive order of a president is more binding then draf legislation in the upper house

and yes making money for yourself is great for black people all over the world..heck I might as well try and become another rich rapper on a major record ..it really helps my community ..making money for yourself works out for you..but how does it work out for other people who are seeking justice?
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
Any of these clowns trying to use a "Southern drawl" to try to woo Southern voters (which they likely won't get anyway) angers me.  Just be real with people, if it gets you the votes, fine...if it doesn't it doesnt.  That's why I depise Hillary, and I'll sooner vote for Mitt before I vote for her.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
Also, I hope I don't run into chickas looking for their MRS degree because marriage is akin to retirement..I still want to do the young black rich single lawyer thing...(*thinks about trips to Thailand, Brazil, Costa Rica)  ...exotic gulf, exotic women and sport fishing sounds like a plan!

Dude, 90% of your posts indicate you're living in some fantasy world with fairies and elves.

Dang Justice, is it like that? :)

Heh, nah..I just hope the haters are around when I say "I told you so..."  8)
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2007, 02:16:07 PM »
My biggest problem with Obama is he got caught up in this "you are so sexy now, you have to run" problem that Edwards got caught up with. 

Obama is too new for people to take him seriously.  He should have waited his turn, whether it be 4 or 8 years, established himself and then ran.  Then I'd be all for him.  As it stands now, he's just another balloon that will soon pop, just like Edwards did in '04.  Edwards was so sexy and "fresh to the political scene".  What did it get him?

VP nomination.  Obama is heading the SAME direction.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »
ask barack the next time you see him (if he comes to your area on a speaking tour) If he would issue a executive order to outlaw racial profiling...I can guarantee you his answer would be no..

This is not a executive order..the executive order of a president is more binding then drafting legislation in the upper house

Well, obviously, because he is not the executive. But, you asked if he "would," and based on the evidence I don't see how you can assume other wise.

and yes making money for yourself is great for black people all over the world..heck I might as well try and become another rich rapper on a major record ..it really helps my community

huh? I didn't think he got to keep the $25 million for himself.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »

ACLU of Illinois Announces Full Support for Legislation to Study Racial Profiling (1/17/2000)

To remedy the problem of racial profiling in Illinois, the ACLU is endorsing a proposal, Senate Bill 1324 filed last week by state Senator Barack Obama (D-Chicago), requiring all law enforcement agencies in the state to gather and report data about the race and ethnicity of all motorists they stop for traffic violations - whether police issue a citation or warning. The information about traffic stops would be collected at the county level and reported to the Illinois Secretary of State, whose office will analyze the data for trends and make a report about evidence of racial profiling to the General Assembly.

why because it is not politically advantageous for him to do so..

"Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama says his campaign has raised $25 million in the first three months of this year." (Hearld Globe, 4/4/07)

Looks like it's working out for him.

checkmate

womp womp

I don't know why bond would vote for her, but I'm leaning in her direction because she is predictable.  Also, Clintons are good.  For all this talk about some policies Clinton passed that may have "sold us out", and I guess those policies are highlighted to point out some sort of irony, the country did well under him.  Black people thrived, and the element of American society that has driven us to war, bigotry, borderline fascism, and an overall dumbing down, was marginalized in much the same way liberals are marginalized now.  They were crazy right wingers under the Clintons, and were part of some "conspiracy group", now, it is merely America and what we have become.  The whole mood of the country has shifted.  

I don't see Obama as a good foil.  They say he is fresh, and having a person of color as prez would definately be new, but I don't think he has the substance, balls, cojones - however you want to put it - to keep that element that has led this country to damnation, in their place.  I see those people becoming stronger, more emboldened, and even worse under his reign.  And four years later we will be even worse off; after an ineffective term, and the inevitable backlash.  I think Hillary can stave this off, and down the line we will be better off for having her as president.  Not to mention she is absolutely brilliant, and has B Clinton right behind her.  

All that said, I'm so sick of American politics; I'm finding it hard to get excited about voting.    

Guess I understand the frustration. I heard someone say a while back on the The Power XM169, that Hillary is not Bill and we shouldn't expect an extension of his political philosophies. I mean I applaud her for trying to establish universal healthcare when the idea was not popular, but she is so partisan. I think it would President Bush all over again.

pres bush all over again?  at least in the other direction right?  I mean no way Regent grads get hired all over the DOJ, right?  All this religion in politics and soundbite politics ends right?  with Hillary that is.  Maybe the polarization weve seen is repeated, but at least the pendulum swings right?  how can it be bush all over again?

anyway, I know hillarys not bill. she is close enough.  and i like her politics too.  i see the people who think obama is someone who can bring together both sides, the same way I see people who say we can bring peace to iraq and the middle east.  no way its happening.  ever.  america has always had two or more conflicting sides.  obama knows this.  i wonder how many people wanting to vote for him know it.  if you are going to vote for him, please don't do it because he "can bring both sides together"    

Any of these clowns trying to use a "Southern drawl" to try to woo Southern voters (which they likely won't get anyway) angers me.  Just be real with people, if it gets you the votes, fine...if it doesn't it doesnt.  That's why I depise Hillary, and I'll sooner vote for Mitt before I vote for her.

please tell me you saw Obama at South Carolina State - actually forgetting where he was - and saying "yall" and "folk" like his name was cletus.

My biggest problem with Obama is he got caught up in this "you are so sexy now,

I don't know about the rest of what you said.  But dude does seem to have a big head about this ish.  Never buy your own hype.  He seems to have done that.  Substantive commentary: more.  Smile: less.
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »

This is not a executive order..the executive order of a president is more binding then drafting legislation in the upper house

Well, obviously, because he is not the executive. But, you asked if he "would," and based on the evidence I don't see how you can assume other wise.

and yes making money for yourself is great for black people all over the world..heck I might as well try and become another rich rapper on a major record ..it really helps my community

huh? I didn't think he got to keep the $25 million for himself.

Well I can assume otherwise since I've seen him be both anti-war democrat and the conservative democrat depending on whoever the audience is (as someone pointed out..intresting JFK refrence ..you'd think he was catholic the way he tries to appeal to the masses) Bill Clinton was asked the same thing (and he denounced "racial profiling" a couple times)  but when asked if he would issue the executive order..he played the "i'll look into it "  act... why..well he didn't wan to lose those red states.

Also, what do you think John Kerry did after the 04 election with all his campaign contributions? I expect Barack will do the same.
Live The Dream....

Made In America...