Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Black Men Thread  (Read 114137 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Men Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 11:12:45 PM »
Yo yo yo, I'm gonna need you fellas to back up off my man Obama.  Cat is very aware of where he comes from and what it means to be black in america. Anybody who can become the head of the Harvard Law Review is definitely an inspiration to us all.

As far as the original question (women in law school), yes it is true, you will find those certain sisters who came to law school SPECIFICALLY to get an MRS. degree along with their JD.

Don't trip about Indiana son, just roll a few hours over to Chicago and you'll be straight.  Actually, Indianapolis is not too bad (relatively speaking, of course).  Kicked it there a few times.  I'm in Newark now, so I feel you on the Newark politics scene. Its a dirty game out here.

LORL @ the MRS. degree and then shamelessly looking around because I checked everybody's BLSA's page looking for cute guys.

P.S.  I am female and I post where I want dammit!!!

lol word up, i was looking at the dudes on fb.  but that's not my purpose for going to ls---but i work with a high risk ob/gyn and i see attorney's coming in at 40+ having their first kid---and that's not gonna be me :-\
Columbia 3L

nickolai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »
yo, what up... i agree with eugene on this one. obama's gotta play the game to get to the point where he can change the game.  it's unfortunate, but that's the reality.  i'm just praying that he doesn't forget who he is when he's at his peak. i imagine it's easy to get mixed up. 

and for the original question, my positive male role model is my father. 

i'm not in law school (yet) but i'm curious about the dating scene.  is it even possible to hold down a relationship or is mainly just boink buddies? 

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 12:31:23 AM »
Well obama is a politican..and the fact he missed the state of the black union address to cater to "white folk" who are behind him makes me slam him..he is a sell out...and yes it is selling out when rather then doing what is best for your community you play the politics of mass appeal. THere is no "changing the system from within" in D.C.  I don't care what his accomplishments were in law school. Alan Dershowitz is argubaly a much more distinguished legal scholar then him I respect his as a law student  but he would never get my vote... but enough of me talking I will let Cornel West break it down for yall :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj3_pjTTwg

P.S.

Baracks got the "mariah carey" syndrome..only black when it is necessary  ::)
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 12:37:22 AM »
Also, I hope I don't run into chickas looking for their MRS degree because marriage is akin to retirement..I still want to do the young black rich single lawyer thing...(*thinks about trips to Thailand, Brazil, Costa Rica)  ...exotic gulf, exotic women and sport fishing sounds like a plan!
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 12:55:37 AM »
Also, I hope I don't run into chickas looking for their MRS degree because marriage is akin to retirement..I still want to do the young black rich single lawyer thing...(*thinks about trips to Thailand, Brazil, Costa Rica)  ...exotic gulf, exotic women and sport fishing sounds like a plan!

Dude, 90% of your posts indicate you're living in some fantasy world with fairies and elves.
YLS c/o 2009

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 06:49:43 AM »
Dude, 90% of your posts indicate you're living in some fantasy world with fairies and elves.

:D

Well obama is a politican..and the fact he missed the state of the black union address to cater to "white folk" who are behind him makes me slam him..he is a sell out...and yes it is selling out when rather then doing what is best for your community you play the politics of mass appeal.

As for Obama missing the State of the Black Union address, I think this was addressed in a previous thread.  Try searching for it if you're interested because it was pretty good!  On the issue of his absence, I personally could not care less!  I'm sure if he managed to tape or attend any of the past years' addresses, he could just replay/rehearse it and hear roughly the same spiel.  That's just my $0.02.

As for the bolded part about doing what's best for the "community", I don't really buy that here.  No one will win the presidency of the United States by being the "black community's" champion alone.  (I could have saved Jesse and Al a lot of time, money, and headache if they had just consulted me on that point. Besides, a candidate only doing what is best for his community is (and has been) costly whenever the tables are turned.)  Obama is trying to run a *viable* presidential campaign.  Whether one agrees with his politics or not, you have to understand that a black man running for president who refuses to engage the mainstream is living in that fantasy world that James Bond referenced.   :D

P.S.

Be careful with some of that last part...  ;)
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 07:56:32 AM »
im back!!! and i'm glad ya'll made this thread so i can stop posting on the ladies...and i've decided that unless it's revealed that he eats people's liver with farver?? beans and a nice chianti, im voting for obama
...man, you was who you was before you got here

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 08:09:48 AM »

lmao

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 08:25:28 AM »

lmao

yeah, I had to laugh at that too.  it was screwed up though.  oddly enough, hes right about the marriage part.  further, ixnay on the "boink buddies".  I'm going to be a monk.  One that studies the law, and nothing else. The vacationing bit sounds nice, too.  marriage not happening for another 6 years.  yeah, a brother got a plan.

And you should have known better than to start a thread about black men, call obama a sell out, and expect the thread to remain being about black men.  It's official, I DISLIKE ALL THE CANDIDATES!!! 

Plus I was watching the republican debate and had a horrible premonition: Repubs. will take it in 08'!  *sigh*

The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 08:47:11 AM »

lmao

yeah, I had to laugh at that too.  it was screwed up though.  oddly enough, hes right about the marriage part.  further, ixnay on the "boink buddies".  I'm going to be a monk.  One that studies the law, and nothing else. The vacationing bit sounds nice, too.  marriage not happening for another 6 years.  yeah, a brother got a plan.

And you should have known better than to start a thread about black men, call obama a sell out, and expect the thread to remain being about black men.  It's official, I DISLIKE ALL THE CANDIDATES!!! 

Plus I was watching the republican debate and had a horrible premonition: Repubs. will take it in 08'!  *sigh*

Well I encourage political dialouge..Men can talk about politics... Think of this place as a bunch of guys looking over the BBQ :)  Repubs in 08? not unless Iraq becomes a peaceful stablized democracy otherwise republicans are screwed. (hence the democrats are sticking to their guns on the withdrawl date/funding based on future congressional authorization amendments

enh.  Everyone has their hands dirty with Iraq, except Obama and Kucinich; but Obama's black, and Kucinich is never going to win.  Not to mention Americans are notorious for having short memories.  A couple Fox Alerts, some well placed ad's - America will be ready to elect a Republican.  Republicans are already distancing themselves from the war: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/09/AR2007050902461.html?hpid=topnews.

we'll see, though.  It was just a premonition, and I do hope you are right.
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.