Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Black Men Thread  (Read 111461 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
Re: The Black Men Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »
Oh I see we're going there!   :D  Very well...

Interracial dating?  I think you'll find not too many people on this board have a problem with it.  Folks are into dating whoever they have chemistry with at this point.  I say do you.  Whatever floats your boat. 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2007, 06:17:25 PM »
Alright, how about this for a change of pace

How do you guys feel about interracial dating...

whatever floats your boat

Recently I have been criticized by black women for always being a "light chaser"  i e ... I only date light skin black women or latinas

I've faced that criticism from a dark skinned lady I was pretty serious with.  Even though I'm like Wu Tangs Ice Cream with mine.  Women, go figure.

now honestly I don't agree I find all women pretty including "dark" sisters

come again?

But I'm not going to lie my track record pretty much is mocha to white for the past couple of years...

I'm equal opportunity

A smart woman of color who I respect highly says it is do to the slave master favoring the lighter skin black people over darker ones..

bull

So what are your thoughts on the subject?

That I'm fonna get mine regardless

Justice

P.S.  check out some of the thoughts on this link

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060918120903AAEsnqH
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »
Alright, how about this for a change of pace

How do you guys feel about interracial dating...

whatever floats your boat

Recently I have been criticized by black women for always being a "light chaser"  i e ... I only date light skin black women or latinas

I've faced that criticism from a dark skinned lady I was pretty serious with.  Even though I'm like Wu Tangs Ice Cream with mine.  Women, go figure.

now honestly I don't agree I find all women pretty including "dark" sisters

come again?

But I'm not going to lie my track record pretty much is mocha to white for the past couple of years...

I'm equal opportunity

A smart woman of color who I respect highly says it is do to the slave master favoring the lighter skin black people over darker ones..

bull

So what are your thoughts on the subject?

That I'm fonna get mine regardless

Justice

P.S.  check out some of the thoughts on this link

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060918120903AAEsnqH

Smooth.  lol  :D
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2007, 06:41:31 PM »
Why is it that nobody on that site can write a complete sentence?

"And my friend she say black men that them do no good to be not that it that no when."

WHAT THE F$#@?  Speak English gotdamnit!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2007, 06:44:08 PM »
Why is it that nobody on that site can write a complete sentence?

"And my friend she say black men that them do no good to be not that it that no when."

WHAT THE F$#@?  Speak English gotdamnit!

That would involve paying attention in class....
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »

I've found in my experiences that most black women are very loud and obnoxious. For the most part they seem to be rude, crude, and biyatches.

Lol..really?

Well honestly I catch a lot of hell from black women..and even I am concerned say if I'm waking with someone from another culture  and I get some stares it seems like I don't want to portray the whole "I'm not into sistas" thing but I like what I like.. I do see a point though in trying to preserve the african family unit. Black man, Black Woman etc.. But it seems I'm meeting a lot of brothers who only date white girls..and that pisses me off.
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »
I want to be an idealist for a minute. What if at the next SOBU they actually focused on a specific city like D.C.? Instead of inspirational talk, established goals in education, crime, and economic empowerment for the next year. Lobby for change. Then move on to the next concentration of black people.

That's what I'm talking about!  Vision translated into action...ideas and ideals worked out in the context of the right here and the right now.  You'd get my vote!  ;)
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2007, 08:13:21 PM »
im back!!! and i'm glad ya'll made this thread so i can stop posting on the ladies...and i've decided that unless it's revealed that he eats people's liver with farver?? beans and a nice chianti, im voting for obama

It's about time!  Where've you been?
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
to bring back the topic of black male role models....

Does anyone remember that comment Rosie O'Donnell made about their not being many black role models and that is why black folk rallied around O.J.?

When the heck did she say this? 
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2007, 09:04:37 PM »

I've found in my experiences that most black women are very loud and obnoxious. For the most part they seem to be rude, crude, and biyatches.

Lol..really?

Well honestly I catch a lot of hell from black women..and even I am concerned say if I'm waking with someone from another culture  and I get some stares it seems like I don't want to portray the whole "I'm not into sistas" thing but I like what I like.. I do see a point though in trying to preserve the african family unit. Black man, Black Woman etc.. But it seems I'm meeting a lot of brothers who only date white girls..and that pisses me off.

*Exercising restraint*

I think it speaks to the lack of cohesion in the black community.  Dedication goes beyond the financial, political, and spiritual realm.  It also includes relationships...relationships with the community.  If you were to compare the percentage of black men who date outside their race to white men and hispanic men who do the same, you would see that the numbers are exponentially larger for black men.  When you are proud of something, you take ownership of it.  No, you cant help who you are attracted to but to use that as an excuse is inexcusable.  I know a plethora of educated, sophisticated, and beautiful black women who are left twiddling their thumbs on a Saturday night because they refuse to settle for anything other than a black man.  It would be nice if one day brothers would come to appreciate the fullness of the black woman and embrace her worth.

And finally, cause the BLACK in ME just has to be heard.  A guilty conscience needs no accuser so if it bothers you this much...
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.