Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Black Men Thread  (Read 114383 times)

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The Black Men Thread
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:19:41 PM »
I wonder why there is not one of these..so I thought I'd start it...

and to start off the conversation right...

How are the chicks at the law schools you guys are going? (if you are in law school)

For some reason I envision a lot of study-boink buddies in my near future  ;).. "lets take a break...heh heh heh"

Also, if you have any positive male role models I'd like to hear who they are

Justice
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Men Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 04:37:20 PM »
LOL @ boink buddy
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 05:32:31 PM »
I came across the phrase yesterday...nice and clean...

Live The Dream....

Made In America...

The LSAT score usually factors in about 60% of the reason a law school would or would not admit you..be safe ...get a perfect score-Me

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 05:38:56 PM »
Wassup guys. Where are you heading to LS?  I'll be in Indiana.  Would of never imagined it, but after the visit, I was...encouraged by what I saw.

Obama was an idol of mine, but he sold out to the mainstream media, so bump that.  I'll have to stick with King and my uncle who's working for the city of Newark...if for nothing else, he works for the city of Newark.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Justiceforall

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:58:57 PM »
Wassup guys. Where are you heading to LS?  I'll be in Indiana.  Would of never imagined it, but after the visit, I was...encouraged by what I saw.

Obama was an idol of mine, but he sold out to the mainstream media, so bump that.  I'll have to stick with King and my uncle who's working for the city of Newark...if for nothing else, he works for the city of Newark.

Obama is a sell out..(the fact the he talks about justice but smooches the israeli right in this country is a shame..give me a break)

Indiana huh? I thought there was nothing but farmers up there?    ;) Tell you the truth I heard that a brotha in law school gets a lot of good attention from the women...my friend tells me apparently at Columbia he walks into the room and being a black man with they ivy league shirt women go nuts.."girls asking him random ass questions like...what time is it? when they are wearing a watch.  LOL ... goes to show you that it pays to be work hard even the nerds get their justice some day  ;D
Live The Dream....

Made In America...

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »

Obama is a sell out..(the fact the he talks about justice but smooches the israeli right in this country is a shame..give me a break)

Indiana huh? I thought there was nothing but farmers up there?    ;) Tell you the truth I heard that a brotha in law school gets a lot of good attention from the women...my friend tells me apparently at Columbia he walks into the room and being a black man with they ivy league shirt women go nuts.."girls asking him random ass questions like...what time is it? when they are wearing a watch.  LOL ... goes to show you that it pays to be work hard even the nerds get their justice some day  ;D

I got a very warm welcome to Bloomington when I went to visit...I wasn't even committed to the school at that point.  It's not just farmers there man.

Obama is a sell out....he's the '08 Edwards, a pretty face with no political substance.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 08:47:01 PM »
Yo yo yo, I'm gonna need you fellas to back up off my man Obama.  Cat is very aware of where he comes from and what it means to be black in america. Anybody who can become the head of the Harvard Law Review is definitely an inspiration to us all.

As far as the original question (women in law school), yes it is true, you will find those certain sisters who came to law school SPECIFICALLY to get an MRS. degree along with their JD.

Don't trip about Indiana son, just roll a few hours over to Chicago and you'll be straight.  Actually, Indianapolis is not too bad (relatively speaking, of course).  Kicked it there a few times.  I'm in Newark now, so I feel you on the Newark politics scene. Its a dirty game out here.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »
I have no beef with Obama: the African American.  I have beef with Obama: the new "just another Washington politician"

So what's the deal with Indy?  I've heard pretty mixed reviews.  What are the good spots?  What are the "natives" like there?
IU-B '10

law_dawg_07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 11:07:01 PM »
Yo yo yo, I'm gonna need you fellas to back up off my man Obama.  Cat is very aware of where he comes from and what it means to be black in america. Anybody who can become the head of the Harvard Law Review is definitely an inspiration to us all.

As far as the original question (women in law school), yes it is true, you will find those certain sisters who came to law school SPECIFICALLY to get an MRS. degree along with their JD.

Don't trip about Indiana son, just roll a few hours over to Chicago and you'll be straight.  Actually, Indianapolis is not too bad (relatively speaking, of course).  Kicked it there a few times.  I'm in Newark now, so I feel you on the Newark politics scene. Its a dirty game out here.

LORL @ the MRS. degree and then shamelessly looking around because I checked everybody's BLSA's page looking for cute guys.

P.S.  I am female and I post where I want dammit!!!
Just accept that fact that I am better than you.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 11:12:19 PM »
The next Negro who gets on my man Obama is going to have to answer to me.

Obama's the real deal. Politics is a nasty game. If he wants a legitimate shot at winning, he's going to have to get a little dirty. If y'all call that selling out, then whatever. it is what it is. Shout me out when y'all get to the real world.

everybody has to dance a little bit sooner or later.