Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GGU vs Franklin Pierce  (Read 972 times)

Buba

• View Profile
GGU vs Franklin Pierce
« on: May 08, 2007, 01:00:31 AM »
Got in at both GGU and Franklin Pierce. Which one should I choose?

INXCES

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GGU vs Franklin Pierce
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:19:54 AM »
Franklin Pierce has historically been known for its intellectual property coursework -- does that interest you?  New Hampshire is a great place to live (I live there), but is it where you want to be?  Skiing and Boston are each an hour or less away.  Lots of travel by car, but the traffic is not bad.  Conversely, GGU (Golden Gate in SF, right?) is in California, a completely different world.  Where are you from?

Stan

Nimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:54:35 AM »
Why does this thread sound so familiar?  Oh yeah...

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,87972.0.html

Here's the deal man, Franklin Pierce is the only law school in NH and you should be okay in pretty much any faculty for firms in NH, VT, or ME.  Outside there, you're going to have to be on your hustle pretty hardcore.  GGU is a major disadvantage in the Bay Area.  You're competing for every job against Davis, Hastings, Boalt, Stanford, Washington, UCLA, USC, other T14, plus others for those jobs.  It's going to be exceptionally tough to break into the area.  You have a shot, but it's tough.  I would say your life quality would be higher if you go to Pierce, since you won't be as stressed to find a job after graduation and beyond.  But if Bay Area is a deal breaker for you, GGU has to be the choice.  Just think long and hard before you commit to an area for the rest of your life at 22 years old.

Buba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 08:44:25 PM »
Am going to FP:-)!! If I am spending 100k++ might as well spend it on a school that is not on probation w. the ABA. Also, it's what people make of it. I came to the US w/ $400, and now I am a US citizen and going to law school. 99% of the people I met in my first couple years told me to go back home because I will never make it.

FP seems like a really nice area, the IP ties in w. my business background, and who knows, I may love the E Coast:-)
If not, I know that I will somehow return to CA, and slowly make a career back here.

Thanks for your thoughts...