Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Media Law  (Read 2849 times)

sahrunner86

• AOL Instant Messenger - SAHRunner86
    • View Profile
Re: Media Law
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2007, 03:52:37 PM »
you should look at median numbers of schools and start from there- depending on any diversity factors you could start at georgetown. If you are just middle of the road vanilla with no sprinkles then I say the mid 30's and up will be a nice starter point

... well not much for diversity.. white guy from the southeast lol.. but i have strong internship/extracurriculars and LORs plus some real experience working with a local newspaper so that could help the media law thing.. u say mid 30s and up would be anice starter point-  meaning applying to one or two in the mid thirties and up is reasonable?

OSU_Fiji

• AOL Instant Messenger - mofanny77
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »
You might check out this website.  It lists like the top 10 law schools in the industry.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/entertainment-law-schools.html

NYU, UCLA, and Vandy are the top 3 probably because of their locations but there are many other schools like Miami and Pepperdine that offer up to 12 classes specifically on Entertainment/Sports Law.  This obivoiusly isn't like a Major or Minor in undergraduate but you can basically "specialize" (become more familiar than many others) in the area by taking these classes and being around Professors who have worked in the industry.  Hope something from this post helps

sahrunner86

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »
You might check out this website.  It lists like the top 10 law schools in the industry.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/entertainment-law-schools.html

NYU, UCLA, and Vandy are the top 3 probably because of their locations but there are many other schools like Miami and Pepperdine that offer up to 12 classes specifically on Entertainment/Sports Law.  This obivoiusly isn't like a Major or Minor in undergraduate but you can basically "specialize" (become more familiar than many others) in the area by taking these classes and being around Professors who have worked in the industry.  Hope something from this post helps

Quite helpful!! thanks!

sahrunner86

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 11:19:08 PM »
another question for u all......

with my stats... like 3.0 and hopefully lsat in the low to mid 160s ..I'd like your take on what range of places I could rationally apply to?

Im guessing now.. tier 1 & 2, but how far into tier 1? I plan on applying to 8-10 places.. is applying to maybe 1 in the top 20 reasonable? what do ya think??

Thanks!

Any thoughts???

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 11:08:48 PM »
another question for u all......

with my stats... like 3.0 and hopefully lsat in the low to mid 160s ..I'd like your take on what range of places I could rationally apply to?

Im guessing now.. tier 1 & 2, but how far into tier 1? I plan on applying to 8-10 places.. is applying to maybe 1 in the top 20 reasonable? what do ya think??

Thanks!

Any thoughts???

I know it was already mentioned a few pages back but BU has an excellent dual JD/MS in mass communication program. They are #20 so give it a shot!

Yep. I was even willing to move back to Boston (my most hated city) for that...
VIP.