Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG where do i go, please help!  (Read 1620 times)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
Re: OMG where do i go, please help!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »
start with cadavers first...
Princeton Law 2010

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 11:02:18 PM »
alright so this thread is getting ridiculous...plus you aren't giving me any more insight regarding st thomas florida...

"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 11:02:45 PM »
start with cadavers first...

mmmmm..... cadavers.

they never complain, dont ask you to call them, and you don't even have to buy them dinner!
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 11:07:09 PM »
alright so this thread is getting ridiculous...plus you aren't giving me any more insight regarding st thomas florida...

Edit* I was going to say something mean, but decided to hold back.

Honestly, no one knows anything about this school outside of Florida other than it is a bad school.  Even within florida, you have UF, FSU, UM, Stetson, FIU, Barry, etc etc etc... 

If you still want to get in, maybe you could, but the best idea has already been told.  Retake lsat.
Princeton Law 2010

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 11:07:32 PM »
lol..wow...well, i went to the citadel, i did 5 years of coursework in 4- not the brightest idea, taking 20 plus hour semesters, plus on a top 25 division 1 wrestling team (helped pay for school) however i had no inkling of how important a GPA was. 

my lsat is a direct result of being out of the studious loop for almost 3 years.  i signed up for it and showed up, thats it.  i dont think i did too terribly considering the circumstance.  ive felt like just saying @#!* it, and i appreciate your honesty. 

honest answers are what i asked for, so ill take it into consideration.  but is st. thomas really that bad?

Maybe you'd make it at Cooley.

I hear there are a lot of homosexuals in wrestling. Make sure you leave that off your app.

ha ha!  i'm sure you "heard" that.

Yeah, CNN ran an article about it.

Even though they are spineless liberal cockbags, I'll post it.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/07/new.wrest/index.html

ah, i would never trust cnn.  i'll just take your word for it.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 11:11:21 PM »
since no one is giving you serious advice, i'll actually throw my opinion in (which may not be worth much, but oh well).

St. Thomas will always be there next year.  If you can wrestle at the Citadel, you obviously have the determination to work your ass off and improve your LSAT score.

I have no idea how to decide whether going to St. Thomas is a good idea or not, but if you think next year you can get into a school you'd prefer or is more highly regarded, there's not reason not to retake and reapply.

If you don't improve, you can still go to a T4, but if you do improve, you'll have more options.

Since you mentioned you'll be paying OFF debt by waiting a year, it seems like a decent short-term financial decision as well.

I don't really see why you WOULD go to St. Thomas this year. 

ALSO: Write a GPA addendum about wrestling (which helped fund college), your overly-heavy workload, and having matured since college.

grlykoolblah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 11:14:09 PM »
Constructinve maybe???
I would retake the LSAT and also volunter or something (law schools ask for that stuff too).  Besides, I thought the LSAT was going to go through a major revamping soon.  Don't listen to the person who says if you don't make a 160 you don't deserve to go to law school. 
Let me also say, Med school isn't what all these people think it is.  I have 2 brother in laws. One got a 4.0 and a 179 and went to a top school (all paid for). The other, oh boy, he had to go to Greneda for med school, (I don't know what his scores were they won't say). Well, at the end of the day they are both MD's.  If you don't like it hey, that's med school, you think it highly selective, but if you have the money, you can still be a Dr. Just a thought.

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 11:18:47 PM »
thanks for the serious and constructive and practical advice- i think maybe i just want to hear what i already know from outsiders.....

thanks!
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 11:21:28 PM »
you're welcome.  good luck.

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 11:22:39 PM »
Constructinve maybe???
I would retake the LSAT and also volunter or something (law schools ask for that stuff too).  Besides, I thought the LSAT was going to go through a major revamping soon.  Don't listen to the person who says if you don't make a 160 you don't deserve to go to law school. 
Let me also say, Med school isn't what all these people think it is.  I have 2 brother in laws. One got a 4.0 and a 179 and went to a top school (all paid for). The other, oh boy, he had to go to Greneda for med school, (I don't know what his scores were they won't say). Well, at the end of the day they are both MD's.  If you don't like it hey, that's med school, you think it highly selective, but if you have the money, you can still be a Dr. Just a thought.

The ref to a med school was to point out how the lack of TTT med schools force people who cant hack out of the profession, ultimately keeping the field from having such a surplus of labor as the legal field has right now.  However there will always be peopel like your bro in law.  When theres a demand (people who couldnt get into an American/UK med program) there will be a supply (unaccredited schools).

The only people who go to doctors who went to "Greneda", Puerto Rico, or the Carribeans are those on Medicare/Medicaid and crappy HMO's who cant choose who their docs are.  No one goes to a doctor who went to these sham medschools unless theyre forced to.  They are regularly laughed at in the medical field.
Princeton Law 2010