Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG where do i go, please help!  (Read 1656 times)

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
OMG where do i go, please help!
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »
So basically, St. Thomas Florida is my "only secure" option.  I didn't do so hot on the LSAT- 151- but i didn't study for it either and i was 2.5 years out of college.

my GPA is a 2.5.  I applied in March/April to all my schools- 14 total and the only acceptances i have are from tier 4. 

so do i wait it out another year, clear some of my debt and study for the lsat and reasonably expect a high 150-low 160 and apply early or do i suck it up and go to st thomas?

any takers with sound advice is appreciated!

also- i live in charleston SC which is the seventh circle of hell and i want toget ou asap.
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

skyhigh711

• View Profile
Re: OMG where do i go, please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:29:06 PM »
No-brainer.  Study for LSAT and reapply.

GoBoSox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:41:51 PM »
So basically, St. Thomas Florida is my "only secure" option.  I didn't do so hot on the LSAT- 151- but i didn't study for it either and i was 2.5 years out of college.

my GPA is a 2.5.  I applied in March/April to all my schools- 14 total and the only acceptances i have are from tier 4. 

so do i wait it out another year, clear some of my debt and study for the lsat and reasonably expect a high 150-low 160 and apply early or do i suck it up and go to st thomas?

also- i live in charleston SC which is the seventh circle of hell and i want toget ou asap.

Really, you put some thought into this. 151 LSAT? 2.5 GPA? Seriously? Maybe going to law school just isn't for you. Look into another field of study perhaps. If you only managed a 2.5 GPA as an undergraduate, what makes you think you'll pass  law school?

Give it up.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

Really, you put some thought into this. 151 LSAT? 2.5 GPA? Seriously? Maybe going to law school just isn't for you. Look into another field of study perhaps. If you only managed a 2.5 GPA as an undergraduate, what makes you think you'll pass  law school?

Give it up.

ah, another self-proclaimed expert.

maybe you should work for ms cleo
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

blackpowerman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »
lol..wow...well, i went to the citadel, i did 5 years of coursework in 4- not the brightest idea, taking 20 plus hour semesters, plus on a top 25 division 1 wrestling team (helped pay for school) however i had no inkling of how important a GPA was. 

my lsat is a direct result of being out of the studious loop for almost 3 years.  i signed up for it and showed up, thats it.  i dont think i did too terribly considering the circumstance.  ive felt like just saying @#!* it, and i appreciate your honesty. 

honest answers are what i asked for, so ill take it into consideration.  but is st. thomas really that bad?
"The fox knows many tricks; the hedgehog one good one" - Archilochus

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:54:52 PM »
Retake, if you don't score above a 160 reconsider your decision to become a lawyer

GoBoSox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »
lol..wow...well, i went to the citadel, i did 5 years of coursework in 4- not the brightest idea, taking 20 plus hour semesters, plus on a top 25 division 1 wrestling team (helped pay for school) however i had no inkling of how important a GPA was. 

my lsat is a direct result of being out of the studious loop for almost 3 years.  i signed up for it and showed up, thats it.  i dont think i did too terribly considering the circumstance.  ive felt like just saying @#!* it, and i appreciate your honesty. 

honest answers are what i asked for, so ill take it into consideration.  but is st. thomas really that bad?

Maybe you'd make it at Cooley.

I hear there are a lot of homosexuals in wrestling. Make sure you leave that off your app.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »

Maybe you'd make it at Cooley.

I hear there are a lot of homosexuals in wrestling. Make sure you leave that off your app.

ha ha!  i'm sure you "heard" that.

JD

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 10:58:47 PM »
i signed up for it and showed up, thats it. 

Well, then....if you went into the lsat willy nilly, then you should be able to have a redo and have your score erased!  ::)

Law school really needs to be more like med school.
Princeton Law 2010

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 10:59:44 PM »
i signed up for it and showed up, thats it. 

Well, then....if you went into the lsat willy nilly, then you should be able to have a redo and have your score erased!  ::)

Law school really needs to be more like med school.

what you mean we should have to stick our fingers up peoples asses?

JD