Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reapplying - PERSONAL STATEMENT - PLEASE HELP!!!!  (Read 2280 times)

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Reapplying - PERSONAL STATEMENT - PLEASE HELP!!!!
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »
When reapplying do you have to write another Personal Statement AND also do you have to get additional LOR's? ???
Thanks.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Reapplying - PERSONAL STATEMENT - PLEASE HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:27:38 PM »
I would recommend it, especially if you're applying to the same schools.  If they didn't serve you well this time around, is there any reason to believe they would do better next cycle?
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
what if you're positive the weak link is the lsat?

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 02:46:42 PM »
I still think it's risky.  I talked to an admissions officer at Rutgers Newark who said that when she reads apps from people who reapply, she actually remembers them from the years before.  She commends them for their perserverance in reapplying, but she also said that you should't just throw the same application at them with a new LSAT score.  This may not be true for all schools, but this is what I was told.

I guess if you truly think you knocked your PS and LORs out of the park and absolutley cannot do any better or get other LORs, you may want to reapply with the same stuff.  I personally wouldn't do it, but I'm sure there are people who have been successful.
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

LadyKateSD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »
I reapplied and got into several schools that dinged me the first time around. I took the year to serve as an AmeriCorps*VISTA member at an international human rights non-profit organization(best decision fo my life), and LOVED it. My applications did however, come complete with a higher LSAT Score, a new PS, and a new LOR (from my AmeriCorps supervisor).