Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. Johns vs others  (Read 297 times)

NYnumba5

• View Profile
St. Johns vs others
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:06:41 AM »
i was recently admitted to st johns universtiy school of law and even recieved some scholarship money which would probably total around 1/3 of the total cost of school. now of all the schools i have heard from st. johns so far is my best option, however i am still awaiting decisions from the university of miami, tulane, and brooklyn law school. cany anyone give me an insight into what the career prospects are of st. johns grads compared to those of the aforemenitoned 3 schools?
my other dilemma is the fact that i am quite sure if i got in the ring for another round with good old mr. lsat i could do at least 3-4 points better...any opinions here would be greatly appreciated

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: St. Johns vs others
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 05:40:04 AM »
What is your current LSAT? If you're on the level where you need to get lucky to get into Tulane/Brooklyn etc, I don't think 3-4 points would help much, it would just make you a tad bit safer at the same schools.

As for job prospects, they would obviously be better at any of these three schools, but St. John's does place fairly well in NY area.

NYnumba5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 03:03:38 PM »
i fully expect to admitted into those three schools, if i were to retake the LSAT to raise my score it would be the sole intention of aiming at Fordham, and if i raise it 3-4 my score will be 164-165, which was is what i thought i was going to attain when i took the exam...
well i fully expect to be admitted to miami, tulane, and brooklyn just curious as to how they stack up to st johns?
i did some research on NALP.org and it seems they are 130 employers who recruit on campus at st. johns as opposed to only 90 at tulane, wth brooklyn at 150 and the consensus that the school is only marginally better...
anyway i am just curious if you dont finish in the top of your class if your still going to be able to find work, actually good work.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 03:05:38 PM »
Well, the number of people recruiting is less interesting than the number of people recruiting that you would like to work for. And well, Fordham is a step up from Brooklyn, but if it's worth waiting another year for I'm not sure. If you got some relevant work you could do that year, probably. If you'd end up as a clerk at McDonalds, probably not.