Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: retaking LSAT on WL  (Read 1011 times)

jb0801

• View Profile
    • Email
retaking LSAT on WL
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:31:30 PM »
I applied really late and I'm still waiting on a response from two of my top schools, and I'm waitlisted at another.  I was wondering if taking the June LSAT, should I get a higher score, would have any effect on my waitlist and/or pending applications.

jb0801

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: retaking LSAT on WL
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:19:47 PM »
someone please respond!  I don't have long to decide to enroll to retake.  I think May 8 is the deadline.  If this can help my chances at my waitlist and pending schools I really want to do it.  someone help!

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »
I don't think it's all that great an idea, but there are other people on this board who are doing it.  Go to www.lawschooldiscussion.org and do a search from there to find the various threads where people are talking about it.

My take: you have to do significantly better for it to make any difference, and there's no guarantee that your score wouldn't be even lower, which never looks good.  Second, you should try to find out when most of the people get off the waitlists at your schools.  The June score will come out in late June/early July (I don't have the exact date), which may come after the time when your school has already released or accepted a number of waitlisters.

I can't imagine it helping all that much unless you're certain you can really bump up the score and get it in before it is too late.  BUT, I know some others are doing it, so again, do some searching.

Best of luck.

EDIT:  If you applied really late, you may also want to consider taking the June test and sitting out this cycle to reapply for fall '08.  Your waitlists may have been acceptances (depending on your numbers) if you had applied earlier.  If you decide to take this path, though, you should consider whether or not you want to wait until September instead of rushing to take the June test.  At this point, you have nothing to lose by taking in June (except the money, time, and stress), but if you decide to wait, a rushed score in June may not be in your best interest.
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

jb0801

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
Thanks so much.  If anyone else has any advice, please let me know.  Today is the last day to register for the June LSAT without a big late fee.  I am still waiting on BU and Fordham to reply and I'm on the waitlist at GWU.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 02:42:03 PM »
Call GW and see if it will help.  Someone on a Harvard thread did this today and was told flat out that it wouldn't make a difference and that the decision would likely be made by then
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

jb0801

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »
I called the schools and they said it wouldn't have an effect.  Thanks for your help.  Wish me luck!

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
care for some anecdotal evidence? http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=cellist622

and that was with averaging.