Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova Waitlist Thread  (Read 1906 times)

John5705

• View Profile
Re: Villanova Waitlist Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »
Thanks! My LSAT and GPA are nothing to brag about....159/3.2. I guess soft factors definitely count for something. Now I have to decide b/w Villanova and Penn State!!

Congrats IMY!! I'm going to visit on Friday....maybe I'll see you  in the fall!!

I was actually going to predict that your LSAT was in the 158-159 range...that seemed to be around the cutoff for waitlist/acceptance according to LSN...as I expected, they seem to be going through the wait list in LSAT order.  Anyway, congrats on the good news, and thanks for sharing your numbers.  I hope you have a good visit on Friday!

kemahaff

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 09:34:33 PM »
I am wait listed and managed to speak with Noe Bernal? Dean or assistant of admissions. He informed me that the wait list contained 200 names and in not ranked of course. He also said that they go 30, sometimes 60 deep and that the apps. are reviewed (I doubt this, but it did make me feel better) in full each time admissions needs to pull one.

imy0urh3r0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 11:42:06 PM »
My stats are LSAT 161 and GPA 3.1

I have five years work experience as well which I am sure was in my favor.

As for 'Nova, I have to let Noe Bernal know my decision by Friday. I wish I had more time but I understand his need for a quick response. I'm still up in the air about where I want to go as there are so many positives at each school I was accepted to. I'll be heading to Villanova tomorrow night after work and take it all in...

InUtahForNow

• ??? '10
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 12:35:01 AM »

As for 'Nova, I have to let Noe Bernal know my decision by Friday. I wish I had more time but I understand his need for a quick response. I'm still up in the air about where I want to go as there are so many positives at each school I was accepted to. I'll be heading to Villanova tomorrow night after work and take it all in...

Weird, Noe told me he would hold my spot with no deposit until I got back from visiting another school (Denver). Then he would send me my letter of acceptance, and I'd have two weeks to make a choice.
Attending:
Accepted: Chreighton, Willamette ($15,000), Gonzaga, Marquette, Penn State ($10,000), and Denver 
Denied: Ohio State
Waitlist: NONE!
Nothing yet: Florida State

160/2.78

soSueme

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 01:58:54 AM »

Weird, Noe told me he would hold my spot with no deposit until I got back from visiting another school (Denver). Then he would send me my letter of acceptance, and I'd have two weeks to make a choice.

He said the same thing to me. I actually went to visit today and was...well...not impressed. The law school building is super old. The facilities aren't so great. But the area itself is really nice and I'm sure that the job prospects will be nice.....what do I doooooooo???!!!

InUtahForNow

• ??? '10
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 02:14:27 AM »

He said the same thing to me. I actually went to visit today and was...well...not impressed. The law school building is super old. The facilities aren't so great. But the area itself is really nice and I'm sure that the job prospects will be nice.....what do I doooooooo???!!!

Were you impressed with PSU? Which campus were you accepted to for Penn State. Carlisle is a really small city and the job prospects seem much better coming out of Villanova, unless you want to work in Harrisburg.
Attending:
Accepted: Chreighton, Willamette ($15,000), Gonzaga, Marquette, Penn State ($10,000), and Denver 
Denied: Ohio State
Waitlist: NONE!
Nothing yet: Florida State

160/2.78