Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So if I believe in equality...  (Read 1376 times)

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
So if I believe in equality...
« on: May 04, 2007, 10:22:33 PM »
Should I believe in AA?

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
Re: So if I believe in equality...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:06:17 PM »
I don't know? Are you for equality in public school funding as well? Shouldn't state and local property tax funding be distributed equally among schools?
YLS c/o 2009

Swibbles

• Sr. Citizen
  • Never forget Benefactor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 01:15:26 AM »
I don't know? Are you for equality in public school funding as well? Shouldn't state and local property tax funding be distributed equally among schools?

the same dollar goes different distances in different parts of the same state.  so not really.  of course i'm just nitpicking at your statement for fun.  ;)

Cheers,

Para :)
Quote from: Saxby Rogers II
What's Valtrex for?

Herpes, I believe.

Not that, I, uh, know that.

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 01:26:33 AM »
yes.

ErwinChemerinsky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 01:48:47 AM »

the same dollar goes different distances in different parts of the same state.  so not really.  of course i'm just nitpicking at your statement for fun.  ;)

Cheers,

Huh?  Most public schools are funded by property taxes.  It's a known fact that urban areas don't have the same property tax base as do many suburban schools.  The properties in urban areas are worth less, so the schools have less money.  I'm not sure what you're talking about.
HLS '10

Swibbles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »

Cheers,

Huh?  Most public schools are funded by property taxes.  It's a known fact that urban areas don't have the same property tax base as do many suburban schools.  The properties in urban areas are worth less, so the schools have less money.  I'm not sure what you're talking about.

um, i was responding to galt saying that state and local property taxes should be distributed equally, which to me suggested same level of funding for all schools in the state.

but really, i'm just ribbing him for the fact that he's posting on lsd when he should be studying for finals. 
What's Valtrex for?

Herpes, I believe.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:05:47 PM »

Cheers,

um, i was responding to galt saying that state and local property taxes should be distributed equally, which to me suggested same level of funding for all schools in the state.

but really, i'm just ribbing him for the fact that he's posting on lsd when he should be studying for finals

lol, I know. I know.  :D
YLS c/o 2009

Swibbles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »

Cheers,

but really, i'm just ribbing him for the fact that he's posting on lsd when he should be studying for finals

lol, I know. I know.  :D

because if the SO becomes governor of SC and you end up just being the state's first husband...  well, i would make fun of you.
What's Valtrex for?

Herpes, I believe.