Law School Discussion

In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants

DDBY

• View Profile
Re: In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11:30 PM »
Uh, they do it illegally usually on a black-market . . . I think
Right.  Certain people (libs) seem to deliberately overlook this.  They like illegal aliens because they can pay them less and deny them workers rights.  They deliberately want to create a slave class in our society.

Though I am strongly against illegal immigration, I doubt "libs" want to create a slave class. This is just step one of five toward equality for all in their minds I think. See below:

1. Amnesty
3.Underpants
4.demand equal pay/rights for the downtrodden class you just demanded amnesty for in step one
5. Profit.
What's funny is that you shouldn't have to say your against illegal immigration.  Its illegal.  That's like saying I'm strongly against bank robbing. 

We probably see eye to eye leo so this may just be a rant.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 09:18:53 PM »
Under Plyler v. Doe, the court held that education, although not a fundamental right, was important to the long-term success of an individual as becoming a productive member of society.  In that case, the state imposed a fee on illegal immigrants attending public school, that it didn't on citizens or documented immigrants.

Other states have held that there is a fundamental right to an education in their STATE constitution.  There are several state cases to that effect, e.g. Serrano v. Priest, Abboot v. Burke, Tennessee Small School Systems v. McWherter.  If it is a fundamental right, it cannot be denied without passing strict scrutiny. 

So, fine... What if a state gives the illegal in-state tuition, but when they show up at the bursar's office to pay for it, they get deported back to wherever they came from... is that allowed?

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 09:22:37 PM »
Under Plyler v. Doe, the court held that education, although not a fundamental right, was important to the long-term success of an individual as becoming a productive member of society.  In that case, the state imposed a fee on illegal immigrants attending public school, that it didn't on citizens or documented immigrants.

Other states have held that there is a fundamental right to an education in their STATE constitution.  There are several state cases to that effect, e.g. Serrano v. Priest, Abboot v. Burke, Tennessee Small School Systems v. McWherter.  If it is a fundamental right, it cannot be denied without passing strict scrutiny. 

So, fine... What if a state gives the illegal in-state tuition, but when they show up at the bursar's office to pay for it, they get deported back to wherever they came from... is that allowed?
lashings first for ID theft, then deportation

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
Right.  Certain people (libs) seem to deliberately overlook this.  They like illegal aliens because they can pay them less and deny them workers rights.  They deliberately want to create a slave class in our society.

Though I am strongly against illegal immigration, I doubt "libs" want to create a slave class. This is just step one of five toward equality for all in their minds I think. See below:

1. Amnesty
3.Underpants
4.demand equal pay/rights for the downtrodden class you just demanded amnesty for in step one
5. Profit.
What's funny is that you shouldn't have to say your against illegal immigration.  Its illegal.  That's like saying I'm strongly against bank robbing. 

We probably see eye to eye leo so this may just be a rant.

I'm against the illegal immigrating, but I think that's blown way outa proportion. I think what's easily far worse in every way is:

1. the forged documents (federal crime . . . stealing SS #'s driver's license etc.)
2. the Americans who hire illegals intentionally.

In this debate, crossing a border should come secondary to the identity theft if you really want to get anywhere. The border jumping is a minor/petty offense. Stealing someone's identity/forging legal documents is a BIG deal. Driving without insurance comes to mind too. Oh yeah, and I thought we were suddenly really serious about our security in this country. Ft. Dix . . . ???

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
I've often wondered about social contract and our obligation for civil justice toward those who chose to breach that contract.

Shoud an alien who breaks the law upon entry, and is obviously contemptuous of the law, be protected by the law they chose not to recognize.

aerynn

• Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 08:13:52 AM »
The penalty for illegal immigration is NOT DEPORTATION.  It is a fine, maybe some very minor jail time.  It is the other stuff that leo mentioned that can lead to deportation, but even then, there are fines and jail time first.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »

liberals?  are you high?

its the repubs and the corps that own them that demand the cheap slave labor...

DDBY

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »

liberals?  are you high?

Then why do the Dems insist on defending the wrongs of these criminals invading our baorders.  I dont see Republicans, or Conservatives demonstrating in the street side by side with thier partners in crime.

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 09:10:46 AM »

liberals?  are you high?

I hear liberals are often high. However, I think libertarians, who are often conservative, are high sometimes as well.

Anyway, you can't say that one party or t'other uses the slave labor . . . it's not a partisan divide

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 09:42:46 AM »

liberals?  are you high?

Then why do the Dems insist on defending the wrongs of these criminals invading our baorders.  I dont see Republicans, or Conservatives demonstrating in the street side by side with thier partners in crime.

beacuse the rich corp slave owners do their protesting behind closed doors...